Zits! I have Zits! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Zits!  I have Zits! Zits! I have Zits!

Unread 04-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Zits! I have Zits!

And not just the little kind that come and go--these are the big hard painful lumps we had as adolescents. I haven't had them since I was about 14 so I'm thinking it's somehow due to the surgery. Ah, a return to youth. Now if only my bosom would climb back up and my rear end would get firm.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Zits! I have Zits!

I have adult acne and have been batteling it for the last couple of years. Dr. said it was due to hormones.

I have been using Proactive for the last 5 months and my skin is completely clear and bright. I have never had my skin in such great shape as I do currently.

However, I have noticed that I have chin hair that is growing fast and curly. What is that all about???????

I noticed them this morning (3 blond curly hairs) and plucked them immediatley. I could be crazy but I think this is caused by hormones from my surgery 'cause I have never had chin hair before the surgery.

Good luck with the zits.

Kat
Unread 04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Zits! I have Zits!

MNMAR;

Are you taking estrogen? That will do it...or your overies waking up will also.

Katrides;
Probably the hormones...I agree.

Me, I had adult acne and chin hair before the surgery [I am 53] !

I always had a big honkin' Zit somewhere. Chin hairs???...I could have made a small dog out of what I plucked daily!

Now...my skin is clear for the first time in my life....and I bet I have only plucked 10 hairs in 4 1/2 weeks....God I am lovin' this.

We are all so different!

Kate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Zits! I have Zits!

Yes, I'm blaming my ovaries for this one too--they seem to be working now much better than they did before the fibroids went away. I can easily track my cycle by moods, cravings, etc. But it is really neat that no period comes at the end!

Oh well, hopefully they'll clear up someday. Maybe I'll try Proactive. As for chin hairs---if I didn't tweeze regularly I could get a job in a circus. THEY showed up after I gave birth. I had a boy and my friends with boys told me the beard is due to male hormones in the system during pregnancy. Heck, it's as good an explanation as any....;-(
Unread 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Zits! I have Zits!

two things work for me in clearing them up - neosporin right on the zit or MoM right on the zit. Use a q-tip to dot either on.

I also use Olay's Age Defying cleanser which has a small amount of beta hydroxy in it - good for keeping the pores clean and 'microbeads' for a mild scrubbing effect..

You can also add table sugar (about a teaspoon) to the normal amount of cleanser you use - automatic scrub (and really non irritating cause the sugar disolves as you scrub.).
Unread 04-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Been there! and probably will again

I know how you feel, and I'm not even post-op. My face started breaking out a couple of months ago when I got on the Depro-Provera shot to control my periods. My face broke out like a d---pepperoni pizza. I even put a post on the site to get advice. But you wanna know what worked for me, you won't believe it... DOVE SOAP. I have very dry skin, so I was worried about Proactiv or any prescription drying out my skin. Not to mention there's NO extra money for them with all the problems going on. So I bought Dove Sensitive Essentials face cleanser and day and night cream. My face is so clear and soft, of course if I get lazy and don't wash my face one night, a zit starts breaking out. I was so happy to see my face back to normal or should I say better than normal bc now it's so soft. And it's not expensive at all. I hope you find something that works for you!!
Unread 04-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Zits! I have Zits!

Hi Girls!

You mean there's clear skin and a hairless chin to look forward to after the "pelvic sweep" ? I've been burdened with zits and whisker chin since my son was born (he's 19).

Wow!

Rhonda
Unread 04-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Zits! I have Zits!

I have never had beautiful-flawless skin, but I have always been able to keep breakouts under control. HOWEVER, I am now getting the hard bumps along my jaw line and down onto my neck. They never seem to fester up but take time to dry up and go away. I am taking .625 mg premarin. I've alway had chin hairs but they don't seem to be on the increase. Will it ever get better?

Jo Ann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register