bleeding with yeast infection??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding with yeast infection??? bleeding with yeast infection???

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:48 PM
bleeding with yeast infection???

hello... Im 3 months post op and after a horrible bout of bronchitis and 2 rounds of antibiotics I developed a yeast infection. I bought some over the counter medicine and after the first day, I had some pink stuff come out. I have my cervix and one ovary. The second day it came out as stringy clots of pink (sorry TMI) is this a mini period??? my over the counter stuff was only 3 days and it kinda stopped after using it but im worried.....its gross!!!! please someone help!!!! my doctor is not helpful at all and I am so young I dont know anybody else with this surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2009, 12:53 PM

you could have a secondary infection or the yeast infection didnt clear up with the over the counter med (they dont work for me..i need the prescription). you should see your dr for an exam if you dont feel 100% better.
Unread 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM

If your doc isnt listening to you then it's time to find one that will. I didnt even know you could use those OTC creams that soon after surgery.

I really hope you can get your doc to listen to you. I agree with dressedupinblue, you could have a secondary infection.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2009, 01:26 PM

yeah I have to wait tilli get my new insurance to switch. yeah I was already checked for a secondary infection. Would the antibiotics make my hormones not work to make me have a mini period, Im on low dose hormones because my ovary is not really working.
Unread 02-12-2009, 08:57 PM

I had the exact same issue. I thought that I had a yeast infection, so I decided to use Monistat. Since my vagina is dryer and more sensitive than it used to be, I had cream, blood and gooey discharge coming out. My swab turned out negative for infection, but of course, you should check with your own doctor. I ended up buying an over-the-counter vaginal moisturizer to normalize the ph since I didn't have an infection but was still uncomfortable. My body reacted a bit strangely to it. On the second night, the product went into hyperdrive and I woke up thinking that I had wet the bed. It did bring relief for me though. Next time I will definitely use a maxi pad! My lone ovary is not working either.
Unread 02-12-2009, 09:29 PM

This happened to me too. I got a yeast infection about three weeks post hysterectomy. The diflucan pill my doctor prescribed didn't work and it had bad side effects so I used Monistat a week later. It hurt and after the third application I bled for three days afterwards. My doctor said it could have been from the yeast infection itself. I doubt it's a mini period if it's not time for your period right now.
Unfortunately I may be facing the same issue again, and I don't want to go for the Monistat because my tissues seem to have gotten fragile and I don't want to irritate them again.
Unread 02-13-2009, 05:45 AM

You said you went through 2 rounds of antibiotics due to bronchitis. Antibiotics can cause yeast infections, and your immune system right know is very low. Please go in to see your doctor just to make sure everything is alright.

A tip my pharmacist gave me is to eat a lot of yogurt when taking antibiotics, yogurt some how helps prevent the start of yeast infections.

Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register