Phew feeling a lot better BUT still having dizzy spells. Normal?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Phew feeling a lot better BUT still having dizzy spells. Normal?? Phew feeling a lot better BUT still having dizzy spells. Normal??

Unread 05-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Phew feeling a lot better BUT still having dizzy spells. Normal??

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for prayers and good thoughts for me. I finally feel so much better I have gotten much needed sleep for the past two nights in a row thank God! I am still however having dizzy spells. Like to the point where I have to sit down and I almost feel out of breath too. I guess I should mention I do have a heart thing. It's nothing dangerous and I have had sooo many tests done even Right before surgery to make sure I'm ok and everything is perfect except that I get skipped beats from time to time. So I guess my question is is this just a normal part of recovery or should I be calling my cardiologist?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Re: Phew feeling a lot better BUT still having dizzy spells. Normal??

If I were you, and this is just me, I would call to be on the safe side. I know that when you're going through menopause, dizzy spells can happen It's one of the symptoms. But having a heart problem, I would call to make myself feel better.
Unread 05-17-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2u View Post
If I were you, and this is just me, I would call to be on the safe side. I know that when you're going through menopause, dizzy spells can happen It's one of the symptoms. But having a heart problem, I would call to make myself feel better.
Definitely! I called and they said if I was still feeling that way to call back and maybe be seen. Thank you! I figured it could be hormonal cause I've never felt like this before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Re: Phew feeling a lot better BUT still having dizzy spells. Normal??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris631 View Post
Hey everyone! Thank you so much for prayers and good thoughts for me. I finally feel so much better I have gotten much needed sleep for the past two nights in a row thank God! I am still however having dizzy spells. Like to the point where I have to sit down and I almost feel out of breath too. I guess I should mention I do have a heart thing. It's nothing dangerous and I have had sooo many tests done even Right before surgery to make sure I'm ok and everything is perfect except that I get skipped beats from time to time. So I guess my question is is this just a normal part of recovery or should I be calling my cardiologist?
Considering your history I'd let your dr know what's happening. I'm 4 weeks out from my surgery and I'm still having lightheaded/dizzy spells. Trying my best to take it slow and listen to my body. So hard when I'm ready (in my mind) to get moving and be back to "normal"!
Sending you good thoughts for your recovery.
Unread 05-17-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyngrl View Post
Considering your history I'd let your dr know what's happening. I'm 4 weeks out from my surgery and I'm still having lightheaded/dizzy spells. Trying my best to take it slow and listen to my body. So hard when I'm ready (in my mind) to get moving and be back to "normal"!
Sending you good thoughts for your recovery.
Good to know I'm not the only one. Yeah I'm so ready just to get back to doing what I normally do but my body is quick to assure me I am not ready thank you so much hope you start to feel normal again soon also!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register