LAVH Major gas pains - still?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Major gas pains - still?! Major gas pains - still?!

Unread 12-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Major gas pains - still?!

I'm 11 days post op LAVH and I can still feel and hear trapped gas in my abdomen from the laparoscopy. The shoulder pain is gone except for when I'm out for a walk. But the gas is still trapped under my diaphragm. When I change positions or rollover in bed I can feel it (and hear the gurgle) and sometimes it is very painful. My doc said all gas from the lap is resorbed within 72 hours. Obviously I'm way past that. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions to help relieve it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Re: Major gas pains - still?!

I am like 18 days out and I get gas everytime after I eat, I am walking, taking Gas X and steeping real ginger chopped up in boiling water, this helps tremendously....I don't think gas from the operation I think it is my bowels readjusting to all the room they have in their now with uterus and giant fibroids gone
Unread 12-12-2010, 07:35 AM

I've not really noticed an increase in that kind of gas.... Just that trapped gas. I've tried gasx as well, but I don't think it helps for trapped surgical gas. Any others have this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2010, 04:52 PM

I've been dealing with this as well.... I've been taking a daily regimin of gas x, and avoiding any gassy foods. I really didn't have any left over gas pain from the lapro... just what was in my own bowels.. awful...
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:47 AM

I'm very gassy too. It's almost like a floating gas pain that moves from one side to the other. I'm 4 weeks post op (kept cervix and ovaries) and today, I feel very uncomfortable. I've been drinking tea all day and have taken Gas-X and still haven't felt a relief. I'm going to make an appointment to see a Gastroenterologist for the new year.
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:03 PM

A heating pad helps. I had horrendous shoulder pain gas in the hospital, some minor after, but nothing like you poor dears. I'm so sorry to hear. Have you tried massaging those areas?
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:08 PM

I had this last week and called my Dr. She told me to take 2 Gas X after I eat along with a stool softner. It went away after I did this for 3 days.

My pain was in my rib area and sometimes went into my shoulder. YIKES.

Happy New Year!

Bobbie in Dallas
TAH
Unread 01-01-2011, 09:13 PM

I had the same thing for a couple of weeks post LAVH. My doc had said the same thing - that the surgical gas is resorbed within 72 hours. No way with mine.... I could feel it and hear it gurgle. It was excruciating when I rolled in bed. By far the worst pain from the surgery! I'm four weeks post op now and have no gas pains.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register