Did you have drains with your Laprascopic hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did you have drains with your Laprascopic hysterectomy Did you have drains with your Laprascopic hysterectomy

Unread 11-23-2014, 05:56 AM
Did you have drains with your Laprascopic hysterectomy

Good morning Did you have drains when you had your laprascopic hyster? I'm not sure if my cervix is being removed. I guess after hearing he recommended a hyster, I didn't absorb all else he said. Hoeing to know my surgery date this week and will ask him more questions then. I do remember him saying I'd have a drain in each side. Also, did you so end the night in the hospital or was it same day surgery? Thank you for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Re: Did you have drains with your Laprascopic hysterectomy

Good morning JacqueOCS,

No, I didn't have any drains after my LSH. I don't recall reading about any members having drains after a minimally invasive hyster. Maybe someone will come along who did but I believe it's rare. If you're concerned about the surgery, get a second opinion. It's a good thing to do.

We have lots of info about what questions to ask your doc, check out articles.

I spent one night in the hospital, it was considered outpatient. It seemed about right for me.

Unread 11-23-2014, 04:30 PM

Oh, jeez I sure hope not! I am having my lapro surgery on 1/16 if all goes as planned. I had chest tube drains with lung cancer surgery and .......well, lets just say they call it the most painful surgery for a reason (open thoracotomy). None said a word to me about drains for this surgery and I feel sick just thinking about it (major PTSD).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2014, 04:41 PM

I didn't have any drains with my robotic laproscopic hyster. Maybe he was referring to the holes that they put in your torso to poke the camera and tools through? I spent one night in the hospital after total hyster, including ovaries and lymph nodes.
Unread 11-23-2014, 04:42 PM

I had a robotic-assisted laparoscopic procedure and did not have drains.
Unread 11-23-2014, 05:43 PM

I will hopefully get my surgery date this week and sit down and ask the Doc more questions. I was a bit in shock at my appt on Thurs. I know he said laprascopic and is removing the ovaries, uterus and Fallopian tubes & I'd have a drain on each side. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask about the cervix as well. No reason to keep it. He didn't rush me in the least, I just wasn't prepared w/questions. Almita - didn't mean to alarm you.
Unread 11-23-2014, 07:12 PM

I had a LAVH/BSO and had no drains. Some ladies who have other procedures done at the same time as hysterectomy do have drains, but I don't think most of us do.
Unread 11-23-2014, 09:44 PM

I am having a tummy tuck at the same time and will have 1 drain but not because of the hysterectomy.
Unread 11-24-2014, 05:07 AM

Thanks ladies! I'm not having an additional procedures done during the hysterectomy. I'll find out exactly why he places and them and share.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register