I have butterflies in my stomach.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have butterflies in my stomach.... I have butterflies in my stomach....

Unread 11-26-2000, 08:44 AM
I have butterflies in my stomach....

Hello everyone. I am scheduled for Tuesday, and am on the verge of flipping out. I had tons of plans for things I wanted to get done, lists I wanted to write, things like that. What have I done? ONE load of laundry, that's it.
I am trying not to be scared, but I think I am so scared I can't really function. Is this normal, or am I losing my MIND??
I am getting over the flu, thank goodness, that would have been all I needed, to have to postpone this. I cannot think straight, have moods that go from depressed to angry, and to top it all off, after 7 months, I have started a PERIOD!! How big a joke is that?!!?
I know I am not making any sense, but I cannot seem to slow down the days at all, and they are going fast. I am thankful DH will be home in a few hours, and he decided (bless his heart) that he will not go back out tonight, and just be here with me until the surgery. I will be glad to have him here too. He drives a truck, and I am used to doing things for myself, so this is humbling for me. I think he knows I am on the verge of flipping out! Good guy, my Glenn...:inlove:
So, sisters, any words of encouragement would help. I sure wish I could get into the chat room, but for some reason, my computer will never let me register. I have tried many times, and sure could use it the next couple of days!
Sorry this is long, I am just overwhelmed with what is going to happen to me. Thanks in advance for all the love and support!
Love,
Ami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2000, 08:57 AM

Hi Sweet Sunflower. I know exactly how you're feeling today. I havent really been toonervous up until today. I go in Dec 5th> Now that I'm geting my bag packed (dont want to leave it to last minute) I know the time is right around the corner. I am looking forward to my pre-op visit at the hospital on Fir Dec 1st. That will answer alot of my questions and hopefully calm me some. I'm like you today can hardly think straight let alone plan on anything. All the wonderful people here have made my last 2 weeks liveable.When I get nervous I come here and read all the other posts and get calmed down some. Maybe that will help you too. You're in my thoughts and prayers and you can e-mail me at Angeldewin @aol.com and we can talk. Hope you have a good day today.
Hugs your way
Debbie
Unread 11-26-2000, 09:20 AM

Greetings, Sweet Sunflower,

I am one day behind you, scheduled for the 29th. My DH is also a Sweetie and says he will be by my side throughout the castle visit. I have not had a period for about 2 years now, but before they stopped altogether, I would get a surprise one about every six months. I came up with a urinary tract infection last week, then an intense itch broke out underneath my left breast, the day after I started taking the medication they prescribed for me, and the next day, a sore throat appeared! What in the world is going on, I wondered? But things seem to be subsiding for the moment. I will be thinking about you on the 28th. Blessings to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2000, 09:31 AM

Hi to all the LIW!
THE wait is THE worst! I was like all of you! Running around in circles trying to get lots of things done and I got NOTHING done! I had a meltdown the day BEFORE my surgery and scared my son! He thought I had really lost it! Needless to say when he came home from school I was right there to say I was sorry. When he came home from school the day of my surgery I called him to let him know I was fine but just a little! Dont pack to much, all I really needed was my toiletries and a word fine book. I used the hospital gown, that way I didnt have to wash it when it got dirty! They also had nice warm slipper socks and a decent robe! Remember to sip plenty of water, and to WALK! It really does help! You will do fine, if you have ANY questions you can e-mail me. Just click on the card icon at the bottom of my post! Good Luck, you will do just fine!

Hugs! See you on the other side soon!
Unread 11-26-2000, 09:52 AM
sweetsunflower

Hey there! I know how you feel, my visit is on the 1st of Dec. I try to think of all the positive things, but only manage to dwell on the bad. Lots of women have gone through this and the technology is so much better than even 10 years ago, I have even tried to tell myself that it really isn't so bad and I could live with it, but in all honesty I am tired of living with it and my family is tired of living with it. So I try to tell myself that I'm doing it for them. (ha ha). anyway we will be ok, the pain can't be any worse than what we have now, only this pain will go away and won't be back next month or week. Trust in God and take deep breaths when you start to panic, I sprinkle lavender on my pillow at night and try to think of positive things.
You will be ok all of the ladies who have gone before are doing ok and we will too. I will keep you in my prayers and talk to you soon.
Unread 11-26-2000, 12:21 PM
hey Ami

Hey Ami check your email at aol I just emailed you!
Dori
Unread 11-26-2000, 12:34 PM

Woah I feel like deja vu when reading what you gals are writing. I went through all of those same feelings back in September prior to my surgery 09/26/00. I have spent most of my married life being Superwoman. Working 60+ hours a week, spotless house, gourmet meals most nights, wearing myself out. I thought I had to make sure my house was spotless, all my DH's shirts were ironed and every meal for the next 6 weeks needed to be cooked and in the freezer. Guess what? The night before my surgery I realized that I was so worried about the "unknown" (my upcoming surgery) that I hadn't managed to accomplish most of the tasks I had set for myself. We survived! So its 8 weeks after and we are starting to have home cooked dinners that are more than pasta and sauce or pre-made entres. I am managing to get the dishes done every few days, the laundry seems to get done and life goes on.

I have come to realize that the best thing that I could have done for myself was to stop worrying. Take a que sera attitude. Whatever will be will be. I am only hoping that I can carry this newfound attitude back to work when I start again Dec4.

Each of us worries ourselves silly before the surgery but it IS only the fear of the unknown. We are each of us strong enough to handle this! And the thought of a healthier life after, perhaps no more periods, no more pain, etc is where you should be focussing your thoughts. The doctors and nurses who perform this surgery have lots of experience doing this kind of surgery. You will be in good hands. Trust!

Safe surgery and speedy recovery to all of you Ladies in Waiting!

erratika aka Pamela
Unread 11-26-2000, 12:50 PM

Hi Ami,

I too am in on the 28th. My stomach is in knots also. I wanted to get so much done around the house, but haven't done a thing. My DH is great but I think he is getting worried too. The stupid jokes are coming out now. He is relating my crazy 6 year old female shepard's moods to the way mine will be. Also saying she had it done when she was just a baby so you'll live. HAHA.

As my son would say two sleeps to go mom. Who the heck can sleep. Even the sleeping pills aren't working, so I figure my kids nintendo will be used well for the next few days. I've grounded him off is so its all mine!!!!!.

Take care my prayers are with you. We will get to the other side and be crowned soon. I just wish it was now.

PS. I just started my period today too. The pain is unbelievable so I figure whats a couple more days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register