question about resuming sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

question about resuming sex question about resuming sex

Unread 03-07-2008, 01:25 PM
question about resuming sex

Hello I have a question for all of my sisters out there. I had my TAH on January 15th and kept fallopian tubes and ovaries. I had my 6 week check up and dr said vaginal cuff incision looked good and no bleeding so ok to resume all activities including sex. The other night (at 7 weeks) my husband and I had sex. I was a little nervous about it hurting or bleeding and I think he was a little nervous also. We took it easy and luckilly it didn't hurt and I had no bleeding. My question is, he said it didn't feel any different to him but it did feel a little different to me. I really didn't feel much. It almost felt like it was numb and if I did orgasim, I didn't feel it. This worries me because my husband and I have always had such great sex with great orgasims. We are celebrating our 4 year anniversary next Saturday by going away and I would like to be able to enjoy intercourse. Is this normal to feel like this and does this feeling go away or get better? Thanks for all of your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2008, 02:20 PM

I'll just say that the liklihood of your being a little bit nervous and worried probably had more to do with your inability to 'feel' anything than did the actual reality of surgery. I know I was nervous and timid and it made a huge difference until I was certain that I wasn't going to have any complications from intimacy. Once that hurdle is crossed, and it sound like it was for you, you should be able to relax and enjoy your husband with no worries.

Just an aside, it did feel a bit different for me, but I had no lack of 'completion'. My DH said it felt no different for him, but I don't think he would have said so anyway if it did. He's been too kind through the whole ordeal!

Relax, lots of foreplay and enjoy each other. Have a great anniversary!
Unread 03-07-2008, 02:29 PM

I have to agree with the stress/nerves causing 'issues' the first few times...but after I got past that everything is going fine. You are still healing inside and all the nerve endings take a bit to get going again...Talk to your dr if you are really worried, but it will just take some time. It took me until just a few weeks ago to get back to 'bedroom' normal and I have surgery on 11-5-07. Everyone heals differently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2008, 02:33 PM

If you had an 'O' then it would certainly feel different because you no longer have a womb which will contract at the point of it all happening. If your husband paid no notice to your cervix before your hyst then that part would be the same. Lubrication is important and there are various gels/creams that you can use different in the US here KY jelly the norm. My orgasms were quite weak immediately after my hyst. It was a learning curve of realising that my body could still make it they are still powerful if not more so but felt throughout the body and not just my abdomen. You can still have a fulfilling sex life after your hyst. Best wishes to you.
Unread 03-07-2008, 05:51 PM

I think it takes a few times to feel right. My orgasms were weak at first but now they are very intense. My dh did say it feels different and it feels different for me. My vagina feels tighter and shorter. For dh, he said it feels better. Some positions don't work for my anymore, but we experiment and sex is good. Give it a little time and I'm sure it will be good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register