Went to the Dr. and it wasn't too productive. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Went to the Dr. and it wasn't too productive. Went to the Dr. and it wasn't too productive.

Unread 10-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Went to the Dr. and it wasn't too productive.

So I went to the dr and found out I had a TAH-BSO. Totally empty down there now. He said that when they opened me up he couldn't hardly tell what was what. My right tube had been flipped over and on the left side the tumor had compartmentalized and adhered itself all up and down my uterus and tube. The right side tumor had attached itself to myt colon and it went from my pelvic bone to just about my belly button. I don't know how I still was having normal periods. It's always been really light and only 3-4 days. He also said that I had A LOT of excess fluid sloshing around inside. They did test on the fluid and it did show cancer cells. They are still waiting on the pathology report to get a final diagnosis. I'm trying not to think of it that much.

But in happier news...
I'M BACK AT HOME WITH MY MOMMY!!! lol mommy's love always makes it better. My stomach hasn't been as sore but in the night time the gas stuck in my stomach is HORRIBLE like to the point where I can barely stand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Re: Went to the Dr. and it wasn't too productive.

I am so sorry you're recent appointment apparently was not too productive. May I suggest if possible for your next doctor visit someone, perhaps your mom, go with your to serve as a second set of eyes and ears. Also it can be helpful to bring a list of specific questions and concerns you have.
As you mention the fluid showed cancer cells, pls do not hesitate to post any cancer related queries in our CC forum, just click here https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...daysprune=&f=6 for this forum. The CC ladies are very kind and supportive and will share their experiences, etc.
I am glad you're back at home with your mom so you can have some wonderful support. Please keep us posted.
Unread 10-16-2009, 04:10 PM

I'm so glad you went home to be with family. I think you need your mom to take care of you right now! I agree that you need someone to go with you for the next appointment to be a second set of ears and to ask additional questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM

Dear Mexanese
Boy are you going thru a lot. I am so happy you are with your Mom. I am sure she will really help your recovery. There were times I wanted my Mom too.
Sending you hugs and prayers.
ALQ
Unread 10-16-2009, 07:53 PM

I am soo glad to hear you are able to let your mom take care of you for a while. Don't overdo it and please rest as much as you can. Hope everything settles for you soon and you will get good news from pathology. Please keep us posted! Thoughts, prayers and virtual hugs are headed your way!
Unread 10-16-2009, 07:56 PM

I wish you the best and I can't wait to see that cross-stitch that you are working on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register