SAH-no cramping? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SAH-no cramping? SAH-no cramping?

Unread 07-23-2011, 02:37 PM
SAH-no cramping?

I am reading on here where everyone has some bleeding or watery discharge, well, I don't. I wonder why?

Also, so far no cramping. Is that normal

No major gas pains -YET!

Is this normal? I plan on asking doc when he calls tomorrow, but forgot to ask today when he called, had other questions. I need to take advice from others on here and write things down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Re: SAH-no cramping?

I also had a SAH. Thanksfully no cramping, no discharge. I had a pad on at the hospital when I woke up from surgery, never needed one since. Hardly had any pain post-hospital, only needed 3 of the prescription pain medicines. Advil & Aleve were enough. But I did have the gas pains, thank goodness for Gas X!

Drink a lot of water! My DR recommended it after I thought I had a bladder infection. Got tested & didn't, guess it was all the medications working their way out of my system. Drinking water helps move that along.

Wishing you an effortless recovery!
Unread 07-23-2011, 03:16 PM

Consider yourselves lucky. Good for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM

I had SAH on June 10th. I had very minimal spotting the first day of surgery (so I was told...really don't remember much of surgery day) and have had nothing since. No spotting/bleeding or discharge. YAY!

Also I never really had any gas pains. But I was told that walking really helped with gas, so I just walked as much as I could. Maybe it helped me not have gas. And I have not had any cramping at all.

I guess we are a few of the lucky ones!

Happy your recovery is going so well!
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:14 PM

Well, I guess it is normal then! I haven't had any gas pains either. I have been walking to get things moving though. Hope is stays that well!

Sheila, when did you stop pain meds for being sore. That is the reason I have been taking percocet prescribed to me, because the soreness of the incision, not the insides of my tummy.

So, rooster, did you have gas pains I take it? Looks like your surgery was a few months back, do you feel really good now?
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Shatzi, yes, I agree we should drink lots of water, I don't want a bladder infection.
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:54 PM

I had 2 days of discharge in the hospital then nothing. No bleeding or anything. As far as cramping, I had more pulls and stings and aches than actual cramps.

Though i did have some phantom pains that were similar to period cramps but not exactly.
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decodivamo View Post
Well, I guess it is normal then! I haven't had any gas pains either. I have been walking to get things moving though. Hope is stays that well!

Sheila, when did you stop pain meds for being sore. That is the reason I have been taking percocet prescribed to me, because the soreness of the incision, not the insides of my tummy.

So, rooster, did you have gas pains I take it? Looks like your surgery was a few months back, do you feel really good now?
Surgery was Friday. Went home Sunday. Last percocet was on Wednesday. I started taking advil or tylenol for soreness when I felt like I needed it. Guess I was lucky in the pain department too.
Unread 07-23-2011, 08:30 PM

Good to know! Hopefully I can be so lucky!
Unread 07-23-2011, 08:42 PM

decodivamo...

yes I did have gas pains for about three weeks and even now if my stool is too large or alot of gas it can be tender at times. RX pain meds for 10 days then OTC ones ever since. Have had the phantom pains too. Not much now though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register