TVH 4 days PO feeling surprisingly good | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days PO feeling surprisingly good 4 days PO feeling surprisingly good

Unread 06-10-2013, 11:20 AM
4 days PO feeling surprisingly good

Hello sisters! I had a TVH 4 days ago. Surgery was & 7:30 and was finished by 8:45. I had little bleeding and was home the next afternoon. The worst part of the stay at the hospital was the catheter. GOD those are horrible. I bagged to have it removed on an hourly basis until the nurse finally agreed as long as I agreed to go on my own after and could walk around freely. Easy. Done & done, I walked down the hall and back to prove I wanted to get the heck outta there. Lol Either way, I checked out about 1pm was given 5mg/325 percs and was told to only use for break threw pain as needed and that the 600mg ibuprofen should be my staple medication. Yesterday was the worst so far. I pushed it a little to far...did the stairs 13 of them just to see if I could. Lol I also sat outside with a friend of mine and soaked up some sun. I was very uncomfortable last night. Is anyone else experiencing the irritating and uncomfortable pressure feeling in their rectum area?? I know I'm gassy but this feels different. Its actually not fun to sit. My cramps seem to come & go..,and are manageable. I just feel bloated and gross, almost like how I felt after I had my kids. Weird. I'm off work for 6 wks which seems like a lot. I have a traditional tummy tuck 1 1/2 yrs ago and was only out of work for 1 1/2 weeks! This is WAY easier for those who are curious! Lol But work is going to pay me 100% the whole time soooooo I'm taking it! How is everyone else feeling? Pain scale? Pressure stuff? Bored? Teply when you can!

Ps- waiting on my pathology results..should be in today or tomorrw! Fingers crossed we got it all and need no further treatments etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Re: 4 days PO feeling surprisingly good

My surgery was 5 days ago. I had the DaVinci procedure. I feel good too. However I have cramps which are a bit more intense than when I would get my period each month. Located in the same spot I would experience. Cramping is getting more tolerable. as I do like like pain meds, i have not taken them since Friday. I feel extremely fat. My belly is puffy and I am wearing very loose clothing. When I sit, I also feel somewhat strange, pressure in the rectum area. Does anyone know if my symptoms are normal and how long they typically last?
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Re: 4 days PO feeling surprisingly good

I am a week post op TVH. I have been having a hard time with pain, dizziness, nausea, sweating and shaking. It feels horrible. I still have my ovaries. I guess they aren't happy with me. I have had a hard time going #2. I have that extreme pressure in my rectum also. I have been eating lots of fruits. It seems to help it out some. I can't wait to feel better. Good luck to you guys on a speedy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register