TAH How long is your bikini incision? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long is your bikini incision? How long is your bikini incision?

Unread 09-26-2013, 10:09 AM
How long is your bikini incision?

My incision is 7". I was just wondering if this is normal. I carry at least 20 extra pounds in my belly under normal circumstances and it is very uncomfortable. Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Re: How long is your bikini incision?

Mine is 6 & 1/4. Pretty normal I would say. You are not far out from surgery & it is normal to be uncomfortable. My belly was so swollen for 4-5 wks & is still numb feeling around my incision.
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:34 PM

Me too still numb swollen and feeling pulling. I think mine is between six and seven inches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2013, 04:43 PM

DMine is about 11-12" they followed my c scars and it can be very uncomfortable being cut literally an inch or 2 from hip to hip. Here's the best of it, we're only 2.5 weeks out and if you're, like myself, just experiencing mainly discomfort you're doing great! I remind myself on a daily basis that I'm feeling much much better than I prob should at this point in recovery! Now my tummy hangs a bit over my large incision site (I have 3 lap incisions too) if you have a similar problem here is my tip. Take an old cotton shirt and cut strips, then you can tuck it under, it will help keep your incision site dry and it's much more comfortable than folding a stiff pad and keeping it there.... and they are washable and reuseable!
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:57 PM

That's a great tip! I wish I'd have though of it when I had my csections. I used the pads! This time my incision is vertical.
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:01 PM

I can't really see mine, because it's under my hugely swollen belly (LOL), but from the way my hubby describes, I'd say mine is 7 - 8" long, give or take an inch. It's very uncomfortable to move, but I think that's due to the fact that I'm only 3 days post-op and have a bunch of staples still in that are pulling.

I'm still cramming those extra long pads under there that my doctor gave me when I was discharged yesterday, but they are fairly bulky. I think they are doing their job though.
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:40 PM

10 weeks post TAH and my incision still feels numb..itches a lot but I can't feel myself scratching ..its 6 inches long

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register