Hi i am new here!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi i am new here!! Hi i am new here!!

Unread 08-05-2002, 06:54 AM
Hi i am new here!!

Hi everyone i am new here and i am so glad i found this site.I am due to have a hyst on sept 6 2002 and i am so worried about the hrt scare. I have really bad endometreosis and have been on zoldex for 6 months and it hasnt helped me at all!!! So i am now having a hyst, i am 38 and have 2 kids 13 and 8 and although i know i dont want any more kids i am upset that the choice is being taken away from me(silly really).I would love to hear from anyone with any tips on when i come out of hospital.I am so nervous and i also live in the uk. Thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2002, 07:15 AM
Hi i am new here!!

Vickie,

As far as the HRT goes, unless your family has a history of Breast Cancer, I wouldn't worry about going on some type of HRT. I was on HRT for about 4 years and it helped enormously. I go in on the 21st for my hyst and I plan on talking to my doctor about the patch. I'm taking so many other pills, I figure this would be better.

The WHI blew those results out of proportion. If you read your labels, you will find out that these results are better than the ones that are listed. So be confident that HRT is there to help you get through this not to hurt you.

Good luck on your surgery.
Unread 08-05-2002, 07:31 AM
Hi i am new here!!

Welcome

I'm English too! But I moved to the US a few years ago to get married *grin*.

I'm not sure what the whole procedure is like in the UK, but I can tell you that the waiting around is much harder than the aftermath itself!

About HRT - unfortunately, I can't help you there. My Mum is a breast and cervical cancer survivor, and she *did* take HRT for a short while in between the bouts of cancer (which I thought was odd)....she was assured that the HRT didn't "cause" or "aggravate" the cancer (again, I thought it was odd). If you have a look around this amazingly wonderful site, there's a bit for HysterSisters Around The World..maybe posting in the Europe/UK bit might help find some answers applicable to you?

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you and offer you some s!

Best wishes, and stay strong

Tess
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2002, 02:13 PM
Hi i am new here!!

Hi Vickytrudie and welcome!

I'm so glad that you've found us. Do some searching around and reading on this site and you'll get a balanced idea of what to expect post-operatively. Count on your initial recovery period to be 6-8 weeks so that you will allow yourself to begin to heal properly.

I didn't have my hyst for endo, but many of the s did. As far as HRT, I think that making an informed decision between your and your Dr. is the best way to go.

Personally, I have found HRT to be successful and have no intentions of giving it up. I stopped taking my HRT voluntarily for around 6 months to see how I would feel (this was before all of the news lately) and I had too many menopausal symptoms. I feel really well with my HRT and my Dr. and I have decided that I will continue.

There are several other areas on HysterSisters that you may want to check out. There are the Hormone Jungle and the No Hormone-Desert Oasis forums (use the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page, highlight the forum you want and click Go). Both of these forum have tons of information regarding various HRT and non-HRT treatments.

And, of course, feel free to post any questions you may have!

Best wishes and s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register