Vaginal Cuff Repair and Hemorraging | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Cuff Repair and Hemorraging Vaginal Cuff Repair and Hemorraging

Unread 07-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Vaginal Cuff Repair and Hemorraging

Well ladies, I just got home from the castle. Some of you may remember me posting last week about the bleeding, well last night around 8pm, I started to hemorrage. I went to the castle, and they took me back to surgery, apparently a stich came loose and poked ahole in the artery, which caused a leak (hence the bleeding for over a week), well the artery finally ruptured. They repaired the artery and some open sutures on the vaginal cuff, had to be given blood because i lost so much. I am not in to much pain but am very tired and VERY weak. The doc. said I lost lots of blood and I may feel like this for a few days, but also said that I am back to square one again. Great!!! My DH was wonderful last night as I was scared to death, until I lost so much blood that all I wanted was to sleep then I didnt care about anything. I knew my doc. should have listened to me last week when I was bleeding. My advice to all the princesses, listen to your body and dont take NO for an answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2006, 01:58 PM

I agree,my dr would not listen to me either,I changed. I had cuff repair surgery on 7/5/06. Not as bad as yours.Did your same gyn do the cuff surgery? Please consider changing drs,the dr that did not listen could of cost you your life,and get a paper trail going now,drs and hospitals will cover up everything. I know,my bleeding and problems will so called never happened or recorded in my records from dr and hospital,but I took pictures for my proof. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Unread 07-18-2006, 09:15 PM

I am so sorry you had to suffer like this. How horribly scary. I wish you strength and healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2006, 05:55 PM

I am so thankful that everything is OK now. That must have been extremely scary for you.

Now just rest and recover!

Blessings,
Paula
Unread 07-19-2006, 06:06 PM

(((raewizzle)))
You poor thing, how frightening for you. I'm relieved to hear it is all fixed now but how unfortunate you had to go through this.
These drs are only human and we trust them cause they are supposed to know all. It is a very important lesson for us as women to learn to be assertive when we feel we know something is wrong and insist that the dr take a look and check things out. Thanks for sharing.
I had this happen to me before I had my surgery and know exactly how you are feeling. Did your dr prescribe iron for you? I took the Slow Fe time release and found it to be very gentle to my system, not causing constipation. It's also really important to drink lots of water. It helps your body rebuild the blood supply. I hope you feel better soon.
's,Rita
Unread 07-19-2006, 08:57 PM

Yes my doc. prescribed iron pills...ferrous sulfate I believe. I have had a rough day today. I guess all the anesthesia is out of me and I have been hurting again. I had pretty much gotton over the initial pain of the hyst. surgery, just to combine it with this surgery and it has set me back 2 weeks. YUCK! I am more tired then anything. I sleep pretty much all day with an hour or two intervals here and there. Besides being tired and weak feeling, I am also very cold, which the doc. says is normal until my blood level goes back up. Then again, sleep is the best thing right now, it helps with the healing..right? So I am not complaining to much. I just pray this is the worst of it and now that it is over I can continue on with a smooth recovery, seeing how I have been put through the ringer since the day of my hyst. nothing but problems, fingers crossed it is behind me now.
Unread 07-20-2006, 11:34 AM

Raewizzle I had a similar complication, that was 2 years ago,I can just tell you to take it easy and take it one day at a time. It took me a long time to get back to normal. Just take it easy.
Unread 07-20-2006, 04:41 PM

Thank you everybody, and believe me I am taking it easy, easier then I was taking it before. That scared me beyond belief and I never want that to happen again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register