Decision finally made | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Decision finally made Decision finally made

Unread 02-09-2002, 04:19 PM
Decision finally made

I am 43 and have been told since I was 21 to have my hyst. But the pain has been so much worse these past few years, 24 hours a day then worse during that time of month. I have a tipped uterus, and upside down. Have had endometriosis since 1980, have had 5 or 6 laporoscopy's in those years. The low back pain is much worse also. Also get something wrong with my intestions during that time of month, its like having trapped air from my throat all the way to my legs, making it difficult to eat, sit, lay. I have always been terrified of hospitals, I think it gets easier since I also have arythmia, and have had the sound waves done in the heart 2 times. They dont put you completely out for that. I'm scared but know its finally time. I have just always been afraid of the moods. I watched 2 people go through it and they changed. I dont want to loose my family because I am hard to live with. Would love to hear from someone. If I can find my way back to this program.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2002, 05:13 PM
Decision finally made

Hi there!

Welcome to hystersisters!

I hope you do find your way back here, because you are in the right place for lots of hugs and support.

If your ovaries are being removed, then this sends you into surgical menopause. Menopause has different effects on different women. Some experience changes, to varying degrees, in various ways. I know this sounds very vague, but I want to discourage you from looking for symptoms you may not ever have.

If you do experience changes, there are many ways medicine has developed to help you along with these. Why not wait and see if you do have issues with changing emotions, then discuss the game plan with your DR at that time.

I hope you stick around for additional insight and support as you journey through this experience.

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register