Way too much too soon! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Way too much too soon! Way too much too soon!

Unread 11-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Way too much too soon!

I had a davinci on 10/26. Everything went well and was home the next day (thursday). Stayed in bed like a good patient until Sunday when we got 10 inches of snow (NY) and lost all power in the house. We had to move into a hotel for the past 5 days. My husband did what he could to help but with 3 kids and 2 dogs and two cats we had to live like vagabonds and eat every meal out and drive the kids back and forth to school and care for the pets. I've gotten no rest and am starting to get really concerned that I've done way too much. We are finally back home today. I'm hoping it's not too late to "restart" my recovery. Any suggestions? I actually feel fairly good which I know is misleading. Will it hit me like a ton of bricks? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Re: Way too much too soon!

I hope it doesn't but be prepared, because it may! You defiantly DESERVE rest after all that! I am one week post op and I did some light house work yesterday because I was feeling pretty good, but just that put me back in the bed today. I was sore and exhausted!
To me you sound like wonder woman! I wish I had that kind of strength. Just make sure to get some good very much deserved rest! Hopefully your family wont think you don't need it...because you do!! You may have to milk it a little. ;p
Unread 11-04-2011, 02:12 AM

I'm sorry you had to deal with all of this! When I had my surgery this summer, the women in my date range who lived on the East Coast of the US were struggling with pumping out flooded basements and rescuing furniture. Unfortunately life doesn't always cooperate with the healing process. As long as you weren't carrying heavy things, it sounds like your activities were still within the doctor's limits. The women who overdo it usually report pain/soreness, swelling or bleeding. There is such a huge variety in activity impact among women, so your body may be able to tolerate more at this stage. I wouldn't panic, but you can check with your doctor to be sure. I'm not a doctor, so this is strictly a lay opinion. I would say to just take it easy for a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2011, 05:09 AM

Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register