gift for a friend having a hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

gift for a friend having a hysterectomy gift for a friend having a hysterectomy

Unread 02-25-2004, 04:35 PM
gift for a friend having a hysterectomy

My last day of work before surgery my co-workers gave me a going away party. THis included a nice basket with lots of goodies to occupy me while I recovered. The items I found the best were a package of notecards and a book of stamps. Also, magazines, crossword puzzle books, and gift certificates to local restuarants for the family are handy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2004, 06:47 PM

What a wonderful friend you are!!! Your friend is very blessed to have you in her life!!!

You have already recieved wonderful ideas!!! But, I wanted to include a link to a thread that was around a while back about this very thing!! https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ht=gift+basket
She recieved a lot of GREAT ideas and I am sure her friend was appreciative!!! There may be some ideas listed on this thread that might not get mentioned in your post!

Also, have you visited the Hyster-sister store on this site??? GREAT IDEAS there!!!!!!!!

I know your friend will be so happy with whatever you come up with!!! You are so sweet to want to make this easier on her!!!
( I would have given anything for a friend to have volunteered to come over and paint my toenails!!!) A lil' thing, but at the time it sure was a big thing to me!!!!!

's,
Ronda
Unread 02-25-2004, 07:49 PM

Get her a Swelly Belly Band --

A tummy pillow (something smaller than a normal bed pillow with some weight to it....)

My sister lives 2,000 miles away and she sent me a package filled with coloring books and crayons, map pencils, gel pens, markers, etc.... and I've kept my sanity using those.

A heating pad is she doesn't already have one.

And a journal -- with www.hystersisters.com written on the first page for her to reference time and time again once she's able to comfortably sit at the computer.

Priceless...
Unread 02-27-2004, 06:18 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful suggestions. The friend was actually my mom, but I didn't want to give away what I was doing because she frequents these boards. Her surgery is wed and I gave her the basket this past wed evening. She was tickled pink! I included many of your ideas and a few of my own: magazines, a crossword puzzle, a back scratcher, body lotion, gasx, a shower cap and bath mit, soft socks, chocolates, thank you cards, and a gift certificate to a day spa. She is excited to have something to look forward to ( a day of pampering) after the surgery. Thanks again everybody!
Unread 02-27-2004, 06:34 AM

If i had my way I would have wanted a laundry and mop my floor fairy .

If you could afford the time that would be most useful

mei

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register