right lower quadrant pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

right lower quadrant pain right lower quadrant pain

Unread 01-24-2009, 08:11 AM
right lower quadrant pain

I have read in some of the other post about incisional pain etc. My question is about 2 days ago I got this like stabbing pain in my right lower side--it is actually at the end--about 1 inch to the end of my abdominal incision. I saw the doctor friday and they had me go for an ultrasound--no results yet--but the tech said everything looked ok--even though there is nothing left to look at--lol--anyhow she said I should have the results monday and if it didn't show anything they might do a CT scan due to the pain.
Well yesterday--besides being a weepy day for me--I felt horrible and couldn't keep anything down on my stomach. The pain is still there and I am sure the vomiting didn't help it at all. I have eaten some crackers this morning and am thinking about calling her---my doctor to get some phenergan. But I am sure all of you have had this feeling but I hate that it is saturday and she is in practice all by herself and part of me just wants to wait until monday.
That being said --I know that sounds silly about bothering her but also she is in practice by herself and if I get someone else taking call for her I awesume they will say go to the ER---which I am sure you all understand I don't want to have any part of that move.
So guess just asking for opinions and reassurance or something.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Well this sounds familiar and I was going to post about it too. I had a TVH with sling just over 6 weeks ago. Had my 6 week check up on Monday. Fast, no pain, given green light for everything and told sex was ok. Lifting and fatigue may be a problem for another 2 months-ok. I had a tickety-boo recovery and no issues to report at all.
Had sex that night-no problems/bleeding. A little tender at the top inside later. That went away quickly. Next day i start losing bladder control for the first time since surgery and feel i have to pee alot and often-but no burning. Confused. Not sure if it was the sex, or a bladder infection. But the big change has been that lower right pain-low and off to the the right of the pubic hair line. It is very definite and is now there constantly. Gets very strong even with painkillers and I have done very little all week, and its still bad after several days. It comes with nausea-like I am going to vomit-in waves. Did the sex do something? I also get pain going around to the side of my back-like spasms if I am upright for a while. Kidneys? No temperature, bleeding anywhere. It is very pronounced and the frontal pain is worse when I have a bowel movement. Sort of like a kink/stitch that really hurts. Gas isn't a problem. Anyways I feel this real defined area of soreness or pain all the time. Is it from sleeping on my stomach? It has all flared up after having sex. Anyone else relate? Thoughts? It feels worse then second week of surgery(which was the most painful for me). Maybe I have inflammation? It definitely is a setback.
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:16 AM

Wow --that is exactly where mine is. Now having said that yesterday I was like I said sick to my stomach and like you said the waves of nausea and I did throw up --so I know that didn't do me any good. This morning have had some crackers and cheese and that has staid down so really dont' want to ask for the phenergan yet and it is still early in the day. But going to try to take something for the pain and see if that helps. Also the doctor and a friend of mine said that alot of this has to do with bruising from the surgery and the torque they place on the muscles. My other problem is that I have no appetitie and unfortunately I had lost weight prior to the surgery and also have lost 5 pounds since the surgery.
I wish I had the appetitie but nothing sounds good to me at all--as a side note --which I have been trying to just ignore I am 5'3 and have always been petite around 115 but now I am down to 105--so I realize there is no reserve at this point.
Do I know what to do--nope but like I said going to try the lortab--for some reason the darvon bothers my stomach but the lortab doesn't --so try that and see what happens next.
Thanks so much for your reply--hopefully someone else out there knows what is going on and can help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2009, 12:15 PM

Oh, big back to you as well! I hope we get feeling better too. I have dropped weight. But I am large and its 40 pounds. I can see where you don't feel you have any to spare. I am not interested in food either. Hope the med helps! I hope its just a temporary setback for us. If anyone has been thru this please reply!
Take care!
Unread 02-03-2009, 01:45 PM

Doc thinks my mesh for bladder sling has slipped to one side causing issues and that the bowels or intestines moving around causes the discomfort/pain on the side. He says that is common and it can cause extra scarring as the it heals, moves, and separates and repeats. Sometimes as food moves to that area it hits like BOOM-feels like when they took my appendix out. He said that made sense to him. Just thought i would let you know the update.
Unread 02-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Always check with your doctor first. I went in to see my doc for severe right side pain about 10 weeks out. I thought I had appendicitis or ripped something. I had pulled a groin muscle in my lower right belly. It hurt like hell. Doc said some big baseball player had pulled the same thing and was out of play for the world series. I don't follow baseball, but that made me feel better since I was moritified I was in there over al pulled muscle. I usually never go to a doctor anyway except for checkups.
Even thouI was hiking, I probably pulled it rolling over in bed! In any event, I started swimming after that. That really helped stretch and heal the mucles and ligaments. The lady on this post who is overweight. Give swimming a shot. It is easy on the jonts and a great healer. Start slow and go slow. Worried about wearing a suit at the Y? You wiill be amazed at the middle aged chubs (like me) there doing the same thing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register