Hygiene question - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hygiene question Hygiene question

Unread 02-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Hygiene question

I really havent noticed any difference ,messy is messy no matter how u look at it lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm glad you asked!!

mysticwhispers,

I was wondering the exact same thing, but didn't really know how to ask. I am so glad that you did! I was worried that I might get an infection or something. Sounds kinda like a pain, someone mentioned that it leaked out even the next day! If thats true, then we'll have to wear a pad the day after sex? Either that or have wet panties...I didn't think of that! Sounds lovely...
Unread 02-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Hygiene question

Hubby and I try to remember to keep a towel handy. We always end up laughing about trying to catch "it" before I drop a big mess everywhere. I also try to urinate afterwards to keep things clean in there and prevent UTI's (which I have a problem with) and wipe up with a moist toilet wipe. It's all just become part of our routine afterward and is what works for us.

Thank you Bizet Woman for the article link!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Hygiene question

Reign Gal, I thought the same thing when I read the post about next day! LOL Great another pad or pantie liner!
I have always went potty right after ward also because I am so prone to infections, and always a towel handy... Oh Boy, the things our minds have to think of!!!!! Glad I posted though if you all wanted to know too LOL!

smiles to all!
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Hygiene question

It's always so comforting to be thinking of a question, usually one that's not worth bothering to call a doctor about, then seeing somebody else post it here!

I had wondered the same thing. Especially since pre-hysterectomy my primary method of birth control was a condom. Definitely helped minimize the "mess". Now I'm trying to figure out how to convince my husband that wearing a condom is still a good idea.
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Hygiene question

I think that was a great question mysticwhispers. I had never thought of that. Something else to think about. I could use the diversion away from that picture you sent for me "Adelita" on the cuff thread. LOL!
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Hygiene question

Woole, Glad I could help with the diversion! I felt silly posting, but again, I learned I wasn't alone in this!! I absolutly love this place... I think I might have to try to go to a convention just to meet everyone face to face!
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Hygiene question

mystic whispers...girl you crack me up.....(you dont want any hanging out of the top)...too darn funny. Hhahahahahahaa.
I never thought since our va ja ja's are now cut off from the rest of the body...well how are they going to clean themselves...oh good grief....sounds like we need a water pick or something. LOL

That ol sperm stuff has always just come back out of me anyway...I dont know if all of it did but a lot of it just comes right back out if I am standing up or sitting.....and then the rest comes out later. LOL

Monie....lol.....that's just your bf's little spermies coming back out the next day to tell you how much they loved you the night before. LOLOL
Did you know, well I heard that sperm can stay in your body for three days...I know I heard that somewhere, I think on TV....so I always tell my bf that I carry him along with me for three days after he's gone. LOLOLOL
Unread 03-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Hygiene question

Mystic whispers...and like you said...you always go to the potty afterwards, which is good to do anyway right after sex so that you don't get bladder infections. I'm sure most of it will come out then.
I sure dont want it coming all out the next day too while at work...how embarrassing.
Unread 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Hygiene question

hopeful, I am really going to miss you when you go back to work! I still think it was a good question, the vagina is cut off from our internal body now, it must still cleans its self though... But I drank half a gal. of Orange juice and I ended up with a darn infection so the old V is still working like it used to that way darn it! I can't drink anything but Milk, Hot Tea and Coffee and of course nasty water!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register