Anyone else with rectal pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else with rectal pain? Anyone else with rectal pain?

Unread 05-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Anyone else with rectal pain?

I am 7 weeks post-op from LAVH (left one ovary). The only pain that I've had for a couple of weeks now is in my rectum. It's not intense enough to take anything for it. It's just a nagging pain and it's an off and on kind of pain.

I went for my 6 week check-up last week. The doctor said I was healing nicely, but that some of my stiches were still there, but should dissolve around week 8-10.

My husband and I had sex for the first time Friday and it was fine. I didn't have any pain at all during sex. But, afterwards I had trouble sitting down without having the pain to my rectum. It only lasted about 10 minutes and then it was fine. Well, we tried again last night and when he went too deep (sorry if TMI), I would have that pain in my rectum. Ever since then I've been having it off and on.

No problems with BMs and no bleeding or anything. Just some pain and a little pressure. Anyone else experience this and if so when did it finally go away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Re: Anyone else with rectal pain?

I am only 2 wks out but have also been having a lot of problems with rectal pressure. I have had off/on diarrhea though but I can still have the pressure even on a good day. It almost feels like my whole area down there is swollen.

LSH May 5, 2010
Unread 05-18-2010, 09:15 AM

I have had that feeling on mostly the right side of my rectum since about week 7 out. It is kind of a pressure feeling but also sometimes it is more acute - but not a sharp pain. I called both my surgeon and my regular OB/GYN and they referred me to a gastro dr - who I see next week. I think that is silly -but I guess I will go and hopefully he can check it out - but I am sure it is surgery related. I have not have any issued with bowel movements and a small amount of blood just one time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2010, 07:14 PM

I have also had rectal pain since I came home from surgery (TAH/BSO). I had extensive adhesions on the colon and bladder as well as endo everywhere. Spent 5 1/2 hours in the or. I am now 2 days shy of 4 weeks out, this is the cause of most of my pain and pressure. It is located around my rectum goes back around to my tail bone. It is constant miserable nagging pressure/pain. Celebrex and tylenol helps minimally. Can't wait for that to go away!!
Jac
Texas
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:22 PM

I had an LAVH on 10th May- I'm having a lot of pain when I sit down, it's not central, it's more to the left, I think it's to do with the vaginal cut because I had a partial vaginectomy a few months ago and it hurt in the same place. My gynecologist said everything's looking good and the pain when I sit down is just healing. I might have overdone things this weekend (have posted about this) because it's really sore now and I can't sleep because of it so I'm going to contact him and ask what he thinks, so I'll let you know what he says if it's of use to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register