taking it easy for a while | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

taking it easy for a while taking it easy for a while

Unread 12-15-2011, 11:41 PM
taking it easy for a while

Any time I start feeling like a lazy bones who needs to be doing something productive, I get up to go potty. Oh the pain! I think I won't have any problem taking it easy for a while. (Still sleeping the better part of the day/night. Thank goodness for meds!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Re: Bag is Packed, Legs are Shaved... Ready to Go!

thats what i did for 1st 2 weeks.my son helped me more than anybody i told him he'd make a good nurse because he's got such a big heart but he said only for his mom.(he's16)
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:53 AM

Glad to hear everything went okay. I hope your feeling good enough to enjoy the holidays without over doing it. Waiting for mine to be done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM

yeah one thing about it you can enjoy christmas and then have procedure done.i really wish i would've waited until after holidays
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Re: taking it easy for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHobbit View Post
Any time I start feeling like a lazy bones who needs to be doing something productive, I get up to go potty. Oh the pain! I think I won't have any problem taking it easy for a while. (Still sleeping the better part of the day/night. Thank goodness for meds!)
Yesterday I rested all afternoon--watched several episodes "Hot in Cleveland" and "Grey's" (difficult to watch surgery and see blood after having been through it, I discovered!) on Hulu lying back on an easy chair with a regular chair for my feet. Walked to mailbox at end of driveway and back twice (not far) and went downstairs to put a few things in washer once. Didn't feel like I had "overdone" it until 1/2 way through making a simple supper. Lied down rest of evening, but I do that every night anyway. Slept 10 hours last night and still feel like I need a nap!
So I'm going to take one. Hard to know what the right balance is. but I am trying to listen to my body's commands. Mostly a little better every day, and know that the surgery I had done really NEEDED to be done: Fibroids, endometriosis and one ureder traversing uterus and tangled in a fibroid--NO WONDER I had to pee every ten minutes! (Peeing problem went away with my uterus and one ovary!) Hadn't planned on abdominal hyster. (it was supposed to be lapro.) but complications required. Hang in there, everyone. Wave good-bye to Wonder Woman as she flies away and do what is best for your body right now!
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:08 AM

I love the "wave goodbye to wonder woman" image. I am taking it real slow, but this week I am going to try to get out every day for an errand of some kind. I don't really ever want to be wonder woman again - it really is wonderful to see my family taking responsibility for their own chores, etc (yes, my kids are mid-teens and older). Happy to be at this place on my home front, hoping to find a similar balance at work when I go back in February.

One day at a time ladies! Take care today.
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:21 PM

I like your new perspective. Yeah, Wonder Woman is overrated--I gave her up awhile ago. My kids are grown now and it is easier to do more of what is meaningful and let some of the rest of the stuff go. Relationships are the most important thing. Needless to say, I am not the best housekeeper! I'm going back to work in Feb. too. Nervous about it, because I'm on my feet a lot, but I do still have 3 weeks to rest.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register