One Week Out today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Week Out today One Week Out today

Unread 04-10-2006, 12:57 PM
One Week Out today

I had my TAH one week ago today. Dr. said that she could confirm andeno along with fibroids (explains the pain). I walked laps around the floor each time I got up to go to the bathroom and it really helped, I have had no gas pain at all.

I got home last wednesday. I spent most of Weds in bed, was up a few hours on Thursday (on sofa), and most of friday and Saturday. Yesterday I took a four hour nap, went to Sams with DBF on sat. (HAD TO GET OUT), we were only there for 30 minutes with me mostly holding the cart for support and it kicked my butt.

I am feeling kind of weak and trembly today, and the pain on the right side is worse. My bowels seem to be a little spastic, which is not fun.

I walked into the kitchen this morning, and last nights dinner dishes were still on the counter, the vegetable peelings still in the sink. I wanted to cry. I loaded the dishwasher one dish at a time. I folded the load of socks that had been sitting on the sofa for three days, and put them away- one little load at a time.

This recovery is going to kill me. I cant be "idle". I am sick of reading, and day time television is horrific. I don't know what to do with myself. I want to write, but my home computer is so old and slow that I get impatient and end up walking away.

I know this was the right thing to do, because I actually LOOK better than I have in months. The day I got out of the castle the dr. commented on how good my color was. I don't have any more of a belly than I did before- I think when the swelling goes down, it will be normal again.

DBF is being very good, and considerate, he doesnt want me to do anything, and expects me to leave it to him when he leaves it to do....Not my nature, but I am trying and I am being very careful.

Thanks for letting me vent...will be back later.

Hugs. T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2006, 09:01 PM
One Week Out today

HI tamque
I am glad You finally got the mutant uterus taken care of. I was wondering if it would ever happen for You. I have been following and The insurance company has been giving You a hard time.I am glad You are feeling well. I think this is the best thing I did for myself. I am still a little uncomfortable because I think I developed a uti. But otherwise the post op pain isn't nearly as bad as pre op. I can comiserate with You about the dishes. Take it from me You only heal once and the house or apt will always be there, but If you do to much You wont heal properly. I think You would pick the healed You rather than the clean house. I have 5 children and a house that is only 1200 sq. ft so 7 people live on top of one another imagine what that looks like daily. I have to close my eyes. I paid someone to clean my house for me I need her in again to scrub the floors and bathroom. Please take it easy. I am happy You are feeling better and the mutant Uterus in your body has had its mutiny.
Good luck
Donna
Unread 04-10-2006, 09:10 PM
One Week Out today

Hi...tomorrow I will be one week after my surgery. I too overdid it yesterday! I felt pretty good and took a walk up and down my street and then took a 1 hour nap and then woke up and did it again. Then I pretty much emptied the dishwasher. Last night I hurt and could not get comfortable. Today has not been pretty. I am constipated and have been taking softeners and last night a laxitive and today I was still straining...now I am afraid I have ripped something inside from straining. Tonight I have taken 2 laxitives...we will see how I do tomorrow....today I took 0 walks and did not do a thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2006, 09:16 PM
One Week Out today

hi starfish 12,
I am sorry You are having constipation problems. Have You tried mom
Magnesium that usually helps an try to take a stool softener. I have been taking flaxseed oil every day and that seems to help. I had a really bad strain one week out and decided to do something else and that seems to be helping. Hope You feel better
Good luck
Donna
P.S. 3 Donnas have replied to this
Unread 04-10-2006, 09:25 PM
One Week Out today

Oh...I know...I have always had trouble with constipation and have everything under the sun in my cabinet! I have the softener....which does NOTHING for me. I had been taking flax seed and borage oil pills before surgery and they kept me in pretty good shape...since the surgery they have been doing nothing! That is why I have resorted to the laxatives.....I am tired of this!...thanks for responding..

Pretty cool about all Donna's!
Unread 04-10-2006, 09:29 PM
One Week Out today

It took me 5 days for my bowels to kick in and then I was on the toilet all day and then it went the opposite way thats when the flaxseed helped. Sometimes the high fibre diet is to hardening. I hope You feel better
Unread 04-10-2006, 09:40 PM
One Week Out today

Hey T......Im sorry I know how you are feeling. It's hard to look at my house and not be able to do the things you want and your way. I've been humble and have my family doing lots to help. DD is out on spring break and she's such a trooper helping me w/ laundry and doing dishes. As far as gas, constipation and pain.....oh lordy. I'm taking gas x and citrus magnesium(sp) it helps some. Ive been walking and drinking lots of water. TV is boring and I cant sleep much. DD and I watch lots of Disney movies and have been playing card games. Luckily my cousin will be in town Thurs and shes coming to help me a bit and color Easter eggs. Take care ladies......and hope we all have a speedy recovery! Barbie
Unread 04-11-2006, 01:16 AM
One Week Out today

Hi All,
I am almost a week out, had my surgery the 5th, went home on the 6th. Had zero pain in the hospital, some the first few days, then none yesterday. Today over did it a bit and had to take pain meds, to o much sitting in front of the computer. Have been faithfully drinking MOM at bedtime and haven't had any troble with constipation, in fact very soft stools. All in all the experience was much easier and went much smoother than I expected. Had it done vaginally and it was done in 30 minutes (was awake the whole time), decided to keep ovaries and tubes. Had very slight bleeding the first day none since.
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:11 AM
One Week Out today

Hi ladies! Glad you are all here - we are all about the same date. Yesterday I had mixed feelings because I though "wow, one week and I feel this good" and "wow, one week and I don't feel better than this". =) I load laundry one at a time, and then kids help move it from washer to dryer, then I load basket one at a time and kids move it for folding. As far as dishes go, we are using a lot of paper plates which helps then I will handwash after 5-8 dishes are in the sink to keep up. My dirty floors bother me but I am trying to ignore them. As for T.V. I look for Food channel, or afternoon PBS because they have quilting and painting (fuddy dud stuff). Or play computer for awhile till I wear out. Laps around house help and take time. Hang in there - its like being laid off from work and not knowing what to do - like you have to train yourself. Glad you are all here and glad we all made it to the other side!
M.
TAH 04/04/06 - adeno in cervix, cervix and uterus removal
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:13 AM
One Week Out today

Well....ladies....I took 2 more laxatives last night and took a lunesta last night! I slept great for a change and this morning! I had a BM! It took me for ever to pee after the catheter was removed at the hopital and they had to reinstert it and drain me again and wait and wait and wait and finally I went....I thought that was exciting! Now the BM that was probably the most painful one I have ever had but I think I have finally got it all out. I can tell you...I feel so much better!

So what did they remove in the dr office? Your uterus? Oh my and you were awake?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register