Vaginal Yeast Infection 8 Days Post Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Yeast Infection 8 Days Post Hysterectomy Vaginal Yeast Infection 8 Days Post Hysterectomy

Unread 06-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Vaginal Yeast Infection 8 Days Post Hysterectomy

i am 8 days post op da Vinci hysterectomy and TVT. I am 100% sure that I have a yeast infection. Other than this things are going awesome. Since nothing can be inserted vaginally what is a girl to do about this! I picked up some homeopathic pills to help but it will take a few days to kick in. Any advice? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Re: Vaginal Yeast Infection 8 Days Post Hysterectomy

Please check with your doctor, there is a tablet that can be taken orally for yeast infections. It works great and quickly and no mess. Definitely do not put anything in your vagina without your doctor's consent.

Unread 06-13-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley14 View Post
i am 8 days post op da Vinci hysterectomy and TVT. I am 100% sure that I have a yeast infection. Other than this things are going awesome. Since nothing can be inserted vaginally what is a girl to do about this! I picked up some homeopathic pills to help but it will take a few days to kick in. Any advice? Thanks!
Hi.
Thought I would jump in here to let you know sugarandspice is right, oral tablets and no mess.

It's Fluconazole Tablets 150mg. Just 2 pills, take one tablet by mouth every other day. Fantastic!

Note: your doctor may only have you take one as the box read one tablet provides a full course of therapy sufficient to cure most vaginal yeast infections.

I thought I may have had a yeast infection last week. I wasn't 100% sure with all the healing going on but I figured better safe than sorry.
I called my doctors nurse and she called me in a prescription.

I feel better knowing if it was a yeast infection it has been treated. If it wasn't, oh well, it was worth my small copay to ease my mind.

Best wishes!
Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Re: Vaginal Yeast Infection 8 Days Post Hysterectomy

I called my dr. And got an Rx right away. I see dr on Monday anyways so he will be able to do more if need be. Thanks ladies!
Unread 06-21-2015, 08:04 AM

Hi,
Call your doc. I had the same issue, she was able to give me a topical cream for the outside, which took away the burning and itchiness and inflammation. Feel better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register