bladder lift anyone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder lift anyone bladder lift anyone

Unread 06-05-2007, 09:21 AM
bladder lift anyone

HI, Im about to have a bladder lift along with my full hyst. There going to do it laporscopally, and vaginally, I might have a small tear either in my bladder or to the bladder, Im not sure yet.Anyone out ther have had this proceedure done, Im really concerned on the recovery, is it harder and more involved on top of the hyst?Ive had so much abdominal surgerys in the past 2 years Im still recovering from mayor swelly belly, I wonder if this will just add to my discomfort?Ive also had a c-section 5 years ago, and they wonder if a tear occurred then, or if my uterous is resting on it. Of course I am 49 years old, and have 3 kids, only 1 c-section.I would love to hear from anyone that has had one for imput.
Sheree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 09:48 AM
bladder lift anyone

Hi, I had the bladder lift with total Hyst. I can say at this point I have done really good. My was due to everything resting on it. Wish you all the luck.
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
bladderlift

Was your recovery any harder? Did you have it laporscopicor were you cut? Do you have a tear? sorry so many questions just that I would really like to hear end results ive been through alot already, would like to be prepared, did you have a cath?
Thanks for your input
sheree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
bladder lift anyone

I'm having the same thing done tomorrow. TAH, though. Nothing vaginally. Praying that yours goes very well.
Unread 06-05-2007, 12:11 PM
bladder lift anyone

I had a bladder sling along with my LAVH and other than the fact that I had a larger catheter and vaginal packing, my recovery wasn't any differant that I know of. My urogyn said he normally does the slings outpatient unless there are issues, so I don't think the recovery to add that in would be any differant! The urogyn had ordered a larger catheter due to the fact that my urethra collapses easily, and he always uses the vaginal packing as a "pressure bandage". Good luck!
Unread 06-05-2007, 01:02 PM
bladder lift anyone

Hi everyone!
I'm also having a bladder susp. I would be interested in hearing more responses too! Should I expect a cath post op? Does it take longer to recover? Should I expect a vag pack post op? Just how hard is it to pee afterwards? Does the chance of a bladder prolapse increase down the road post op? Etc.? Is it better to have a TVH then a TAH with this procedure? Or visa versa? Thank you! Because the uterus normally sits on top of the bladder is the routine?
Unread 06-05-2007, 01:28 PM
bladder lift anyone

krrn_63: I'm not sure that the bladder work made much differance other than time. I have read that a lot of sisters have vaginal packing, in my case I wouldn't have had it if it weren't for the lift. My GYN had said I would have a cath regardless until 6 am and my cath came out at 6! I had no difficulty peeing, although both my GYN and my urogyn said that was a possibility. In my case, I think the only differance in healing was that I had the packing and the extra OR time, but my urogyn also did a cystoscopy as well. In my case, the lift would have had to be done later if not then, and I only wanted to undergo one surgery. It turned out well because my GYN could see the things going on bladder wise and the urogyn could see what was going on with the uterus. I really had very little discomfort other than the catheter was uncomfy and the packing felt cumbersome, but once those were removed, I was a happy camper!
Unread 06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
bladder lift anyone

I am scheduled for 6/12 full hyster plus the bladder sling & rectal repair. (also going both vag & abdomen)I was told most likely I will be going home with a cath since they want the bladder to rest & heal? Didn't hear anything about a packing tho. Also was told there was no guarantee that the sling will last. My bladder fell after 4 HUGE babies between 10 & 12 lbs. I've learned more here thru these forums then I have thru the doctor..........seems all the ?'s pop up at home & you just can't keep calling doc with another questions :-) It is getting scarier now that I am down to less then a week but I'm trying to prepare my house & myself for some good recoop time. Good luck to us all! It's gotta get better!!
Unread 06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
bladder lift anyone

Hi ladies!

I had a bladder sling & cystocele repair (repair of prolapsed bladder) with my hys. Like diverchick my urologist usually does this repair outpatient. He said that if I'd only had his repair, my restrictions would've been lifted a lot earlier. It was the hys. recovery that dictated everything. My catheter came out about 14 hours after surgery & I peed on my own the first trip to the bathroom. I'm 8 weeks today & I'm doing awesome! It's been in the last 1 1/2 weeks that I've really done well. And, it's great being able to laugh, cough, sneeze & jump without leaking! Yippee! I actually got into a good coughing spell at the castle & no leaking! I was impressed.

Best wishes to you all,
Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register