Two days post hysterectomy: Kinda insomnia due to pain pills? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two days post hysterectomy: Kinda insomnia due to pain pills? Two days post hysterectomy: Kinda insomnia due to pain pills?

Unread 09-27-2014, 07:58 AM
Two days post hysterectomy: Kinda insomnia due to pain pills?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I can never fully go to sleep. It's like I am in la-la land. Half in and half out of sleep. My mom has started laughing at me on a couple occasions because I will start talking to myself as I am sort of dreaming but sort of awake. I can actually hear myself talking but don't realize I'm dreaming? It's so flipping weird!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Re: Two days post hysterectomy: Kinda insomnia due to pain pills?

Yes it's driving me crazy 8days post op and I can not get a good night sleep. I get up 4 to 5 times a night
Unread 09-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Two days post hysterectomy: Kinda insomnia due to pain pills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbel View Post
Yes it's driving me crazy 8days post op and I can not get a good night sleep. I get up 4 to 5 times a night
I'm sorry your having to deal with that but I'm glad to know I am not alone lol. You would think as groggy as pain pills make people that we would sleep for hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2014, 08:13 PM

I had to take the narcotic at least 2 hours before bedtime. Of course, I take an OTC sleeping aide, have since I went through menopause. But I still would not sleep that great so I would take the narcotics during the day and make the last one about 7, then ibuprofen for bedtime and/or during the night. Also, Ibruprofen as proven to help people go to sleep.
Unread 09-27-2014, 09:13 PM

I'm 4 days post-op and have not sleep more than a 3 hours at a time. I'm glad to see this post I was starting to get worried about it.
Unread 09-28-2014, 12:39 AM

Thank you ladies, I thought I was going crazy!! I am 10 days post op, and I am not sleeping well at night either. I take my pain meds, get drowsy and become like a vegetable, not awake, not asleep either. I will try a sleep aid next. Thank you again!!!!
Unread 09-28-2014, 04:03 AM

Hehe glad to know I am not alone in this and that some other ladies got the answer they were seeking as well
Unread 09-28-2014, 05:42 AM

The same thing happens to me.Lol. I am allergic to most prescription pain meds. In the hospital they were giving me Toradol (not sure of the spelling) and Tylenol 3 with Codeine. I think I slept a total of 2 and 1/2 hours that night. I thought I was the only one that had that issue.
Unread 09-28-2014, 05:57 AM

Insomnia is very common after major surgery. I would fall asleep like normal but be wide awake after a few hours. Didn't make a difference if I skipped my afternoon nap, either. It's frustrating, but it does pass!

Insomnia

Unread 09-28-2014, 06:28 AM

I am on day two of recovery and have not slept more than a few hours at a time either. I've decided not to stress about it though and instead use it as a reminder to get up and move around a little and also to stay on top of the medication situation rather than sleep through any doses. I have always enjoyed a good daytime nap though so that doesn't bother me at all. Good luck with your recovery and make sure to get rested whenever you can

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register