I'm baaaack! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-23-2002, 08:32 AM
I'm baaaack!

Just want to let you all know that everything went really well! Surgery was a breeze (I was asleep !)
I had a terrible migraine since the Sunday before surgery (tuesday) so asked them to give me something to help with that in the "holding tank". Anesthesiologist said he would give me something to relax me and that is the last thing I remember until I awoke after surgery! They gave me pepsid and something else ??? (brain fog!) to help with the nausea when I came out of the anesthesia. NO nausea or . I was very nervous about that and it didn't happen at all.
I awoke in my own room (in the pediatric ward as they were short beds) and had an interesting night. My room mate was not doing well. She was in great pain and moaned for what seemed to me to be for hours. Of course I was in and out of things too! The nurses finally told her there was nothing else they could do for her and (in my groggy state it seemed) they disappeared. After a while of listening to her moan some more, I began to talk to her. I guess I was trying to get her to not focus on her pain. Soon I suggested that she try lamaze breathing to get throught the pain. So, there we are with the curtain drawn between us, and I am counting and trying to keep her focused on her breathing! I'm counting and reminding her to breath! We became fast friends!
Well, I stayed in the castle 'til Thursday night. I pretty much told the doctor to "get me out" of there!

So, it has been one week today. I feel really well but am taking things real slow. My DH was home with me Friday through Monday and went back to work today. He was a real ! Pampered me throughly over the weekend but I think the poor guy is worn out both physically and emotionally. I will have to do something really nice for him when I am able...

Thank you all for your support during this time. I thought of you all a lot this week.
The waiting was the hardest part for me! This side of things looks much brighter!

Andrea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2002, 11:02 AM
Welcome home

Andrea,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like things went well for you.

No doubt your compassion with your roommate helped you feel better as well. I'm glad you were able to help her. Now--focus just on you.

Your dh sounds like mine. He just couldn't do enough for me and I kept trying to think of some way to really let him know how much I appreciated everything he did. I'm sure he deserves some of the credit for my remarkable recovery.

Now, take care of yourself. Rest, drink and take short walks when you are up to it.

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register