Life after hystecetomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Life after hystecetomy Life after hystecetomy

Unread 10-24-2002, 05:29 AM
Life after hystecetomy

For all you I heard on TV this morning that they did a survey on women who had hystectomy long term and problems with bladder, bowels, and sexual function. Turns out its a better chance of NO problems after hysterectomy. It was on morning news with Dr. Emily Siney. (May have spelled Emily's name wrong)So anyone having doublts in this area, this is good news!
Trudy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2002, 05:48 AM
Life after hystecetomy

Thanks for that, we all need all the reassurance we can get
s
Vicky
Unread 10-24-2002, 05:53 AM
Life after hystecetomy

Definitely good news, Trudy. Thanks for sharing it and putting minds at ease.

for you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2002, 07:10 AM
Life after hystecetomy

Whewwwwww....

Thanks Trudy, I needed to hear that!! My surgery date is getting closer and all those second thoughts keep entering my mind.

Shelly
Unread 10-24-2002, 08:07 AM
Life after hystecetomy

Thanks so much for passing this on. I had started to worry about the long term effects and this is good news.
Mari
Unread 10-24-2002, 12:56 PM
Life after hystecetomy

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for giving me a bit of hope before my surgery. It helps to hear something positive before undergoing TAH.

Anna-Maria
Unread 10-24-2002, 02:02 PM
hi from post-op side--I'm glad I did it

I am so relieved, even though I am a slow healer, still on pain meds and a 90-year-old in a walker can beat me at the 50-yard stroll. Still, I am really glad to have had the surgery; the post-op pain is fading and is not like the perpetual dragging misery of fibroids and endo. And one tube had adhered to my bowel, which made certain daily events very painful. So I am looking forward to a stronger, happier existence once my remodeled body gets used to itself. I grieve the finality of never having a child, but that wasn't going to happen anyhow with the shape I was in.

Most women I know who've had hysts say they are really glad they did it and their lives have changed for the better.

This is not to say everyone should have one--it has to be your informed decision. But if it's time and you're reasonably certain, you have a good chance of doing better a few months down the road.
Unread 10-24-2002, 06:10 PM
Peeking in on pre op too

I interviewed tons of women before my hyst. I wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing.

I am 3 weeks post op and the pain is getting old, but no period to worry about. No clothes to ruin this month and I dumped all those sanitary products as fast as I could. I had them EVERYWHERE. WOrk, breifcase, home, bathroom at work, purse. Sheesh. I am still finding them here and there. I was prepared that is for sure.

When this soreness passes I am going to take out a billboard and scream how wonderful this is!!!

You will be great.

Jodi
Unread 10-24-2002, 06:57 PM
Life after hystecetomy

Everything for me is better since having my surgery. I have lots of energy, no mood swings, can go and do anything I want without having a nasty period to ruin it, I wear white, have clean sheets and undies, sex is better (definiately a plus) and I think my whole out look on life has improved. I have no doubt that for some women, this surgery is one of the better things they can do for themselves.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register