what are you looking forward to the most | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what are you looking forward to the most what are you looking forward to the most

Unread 08-15-2008, 07:23 AM
what are you looking forward to the most

Just wondering sisters what are you looking forward to the most after your surgery? Besides not having a period. I am excited about staying home so i can sleep in. After I am well I plan on having my girlfriends over to celebrate the passing of Aunt Flo. During my receovery I plan on doing some arts and crafts and making them all something to wear like earrings, bracelet or a necklace. I think it will be fun. I had one bad week where I was a mess thinking about my TVH but now I am excited about it. I have 10 more days until my trip to the castle.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2008, 08:10 AM

I will not miss Aunt Flo, I won't miss pms, I won't miss the little shooting pains running through my belly the last few weeks.

My uterus is putting up a fight now! I've been on Aygestin the last 6 weeks, and will continue on until surgery. It's not working, my period is still here after 3 weeks! GRRRR
Unread 08-15-2008, 08:27 AM

Not having to live on painkillers, not bleeding horribly just from walking around the market, and I am SO not gonna miss that "bowling ball strapped between your hips" feeling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2008, 08:41 AM

Everything leading up to my surgery has happened so quick, never really thought about what I wouldn't miss until now.

Obviously having a period is the first thing. I got to say it will be nice to be intimate without having that small fear of becoming pregnant at nearly 40 years old. It will be nice not to worry about wearing certain clothes due to the old aunt flo. Nice not to plan a vacation around your cycle.

I am going to have to think of something to do with that $10 bucks a month saved in tampons and pads.
Unread 08-15-2008, 10:11 AM

I have not thought about the money I will save now. My DH does not even realize yet that I am saving him money by having my TVH. And I so agree not having to plan around my period will be great.

thanks ladies for replying.
Unread 08-15-2008, 10:55 AM

Well not having to worry about if I'll start bleeding from doing too much house work or walking around too long in the grocery store is going to be SO nice!
I can't wait. I go to the castle Monday so I'm going home to shop for groceries and pack for me and the kids.
Unread 08-15-2008, 12:15 PM

I'm looking forward to so many things! I am really looking forward to saying goodbye to Aunt Flo. I can't wait to pack up all the "feminine" products in my house. I'm looking forward to not having to buy all those tampons, pads, midol, heat patches, and all the other crap that goes along with Aunt Flo every month. I even thought about all the money I will save not buying those things every month, and putting the money I normally spend on everything monthly that kept me going during the periods from H*ll in some sort of account for a treat like a mini-vacation or spa day once every few months.

I have a seven year old disabled son. I started thinking last night that I haven't been away from him at all at night for over two years. I'm actually looking forward to having three days in the hospital to rest. I love my little guy with all my heart, but the other night I was throwing up from pain and nausea, and he was in the bathroom squashing my head between the toilet and the toilet seat and laughing. At that point I was thinking that a break would be nice......

I've never been away from work for more than a week, either, so I'm looking forward to having my six weeks off. Catching up on reading and sitting around the house in my jammies. Not having to put on makeup and dress up for work.

I have been working on embriodering two really pretty pillow cases for two years now. I actually finished one of them this weekend, and started on the other one. I really want to spend some time finishing them, and start on some squares to match that maybe someday could become a quilt.

It's going to be nice to become a princess and take it easy for my recovery time. It's going to be wonderful to start a new phase in my life, hopefully pain free - but less pain for sure!
Unread 08-15-2008, 06:39 PM

Hi I am due to have a TVH aug 20th What I ave decided to do is have a "I killed Aunt Flo" party once I am feeling better....decided to have a "True Romance" party....look it up on the web.......making the plans has helped calm me......can you think of any games to play?
Unread 08-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Paying myself back

I am looking forward to lossing the mood swings. And being able to focus on my kids and Dh without the attitude. Honestly, I am not sure who I am without pain, bleeding, moodiness, depression, anger anxiety and all the other things endo gives you. I dont know who or what I will be but I am sure it will be better! As for the money I will be saving on tampons,pads, pantiliners, buying new underwear every month, and pain meds, I plan on putting that money towards me and only me every month. Its usually between 20-30 dollars, buts its something. I plan on buying scented candles, new pretty bras etc. As a sorta reward for the hell I have been through.
Unread 08-15-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa45
Hi I am due to have a TVH aug 20th What I ave decided to do is have a "I killed Aunt Flo" party once I am feeling better....decided to have a "True Romance" party....look it up on the web.......making the plans has helped calm me......can you think of any games to play?
Today, my co-workers took me out for lunch to celebrate my last period!! I've been with Aunt Flo for all this week and hopefully it's my last day because I go in on Tuesday for the op. and I wanna get it on with my husband a few more times!!
It was a nice thing my co-workers did for me. It showed me that there are good things that come from bad experiences!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register