Post Op Day 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op Day 10 Post Op Day 10

Unread 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Post Op Day 10

It seems like I'll start to take one step forward then three steps back! My left side hurts starting today and it comes in spurts. Like a cramp. Was off the Vicodin yesterday and pretty much today until this cramping started up and the back pain. I have my follow up with my GYN on Wednesday. Other then that, I'm feeling okay. I'm up and around and can finally fit in my athletic pants, no jeans yet! Haven't even tried. Still more comfortable in my pajama pants! I wish I could understand what exactly the insides of me look like now and what my parts are doing now that the uterus is gone. My bladder is finally getting back on track. Not 100%, but it's getting better. I feel like my body is doing big time healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Re: Post Op Day 10

I am day 10 and know exactly what you mean! I was off of the vicodin yesterday and today I am wanting something stronger. I was hoping to start back to work tomorrow but now I am thinking that is not a possibility.
Unread 11-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Well, it's comforting for me to know that I'm not the only one! How long has it been since your surgery? I'm off for 4-6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2011, 08:00 PM

I will be 6 days post-op tomorrow and am trying 2-3 hours back to work-maybe. I am thankful my job is at a daycare and flexible-. I will let ya know how it goes tomorrow
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:30 PM

My surgery was 11/18 so I guess I am only 9 days right now. I keep rushing this healing process. Yesterday I thought for sure I could go back to work tomorrow then I woke this morning. I am still going to try for a couple of hours. They are very understanding if I need to leave I am just worried about driving.
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:28 PM

Wow! Make sure you take it easy. I'm 10 days post today and don't feel like I could go back. It's like just when I start to think I'm getting better and stop the meds, I take two steps back!!! Can you cut your Vicodin in half and maybe take it when you get there and then it will be kinda worn off when you leave for home? I keep rushing things too. I have to keep telling myself that the doctor didn't take me off for four weeks just because. It's frustrating!
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaAngel View Post
I will be 6 days post-op tomorrow and am trying 2-3 hours back to work-maybe. I am thankful my job is at a daycare and flexible-. I will let ya know how it goes tomorrow
You really need to stay home and rest. Chasing kids around is too exhausting.
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:04 PM

I am post-op day 6-had a great day!-worked (very light duty-mostly sat in rocking chair at daycare with a 6 week old)a few hours- only took 1 pain pill but now my bladder hurts so hope I'm not getting a bladder infection. I'm only a part-time worker so If I can't handle it I will take more time off
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM

I am 10 days post op and I still have a heavy feeling and I am hesitant to empty my bladder but once I do I feel better. I was concerned about a bladder infection but watching a few videos on the surgery I can understand why I feel this way. I hope you don't over do it. Good luck and make sure somebody looks after you as well.
Unread 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM

Do you have a link to the video? I'd love to find out why I feel the way you do. I keep worrying about my bladder and why it's acting the way it is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register