5 weeks post hysterectomy: Vagina feels like a 'phantom' tampon is stuck in there :-/ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post hysterectomy: Vagina feels like a 'phantom' tampon is stuck in there :-/ 5 weeks post hysterectomy: Vagina feels like a 'phantom' tampon is stuck in there :-/

Unread 04-18-2016, 12:44 AM
5 weeks post hysterectomy: Vagina feels like a 'phantom' tampon is stuck in there :-/

Hi Sisters, I'm 51 & 5 weeks out of a total hysterectomy, I'm struggling with it all, I went in to have odema cyst removed from my tummy & when I woke it wasn't till 2 days later I realized the Dr had done a complete hysterectomy, yep totally shattered me, but I guess the Dr's know best hey. Well now I'm feeling as though something is stuck in my vagina like a
dry tampon & my vagina feels shorter?? Is this normal? it's weird & painful also very frightening.. Will I ever be normal again? Feel so useless & sad & I'm exhausted from pain, I do take panadol. I'm great full for this site, God Bless & strengthen us all hey xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2016, 01:35 AM
Re: Vagina feels like a 'phantom' tampon is stuck in there :-/

Omg, you have been through a LOT. I can't imagine what this would have been like. The same thing happened to my mom, she went in to get a cyst taken off from her ovary and woke up with a complete hysterectomy. I think it's worse having one that way because you are totally not prepared. I am so sorry you had to endure that. Cyber hugs.

Yes you will get back to normal. You are NOT useless. And of course you are sad, that's totally normal, you have been through so much.

I don't know about your sensation in your vagina but it's worth calling your surgeon and asking him or her about it. Perhaps someone else will be able to answer that here.

I'm glad you found this site, there are a lot of great woman here. Welcome. XOXOXO
Unread 04-18-2016, 02:15 AM
Re: Vagina feels like a 'phantom' tampon is stuck in there :-/

Hi

I have that vagina feeling as well. Mine isn't painful but does feel odd. I'm thinking it's just where things are heeling.

Your bound to feel down while recovering especially not being prepared for the op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2016, 09:29 AM
5 weeks post hysterectomy: Vagina feels like a 'phantom' tampon is stuck in there :-/

I had that same exact vaginal feeling. It was due to post-op vaginal swelling. I found that ice in the vaginal area helped a lot. The only thing is, I had that feeling around 1-2 weeks post-op. It seems awfully late in the recovery process for you to have it. If it sticks around, you may want to call your dr. Maybe you've just been doing too much.
Unread 04-18-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps05959 View Post
I had that same exact vaginal feeling. It was due to post-op vaginal swelling. I found that ice in the vaginal area helped a lot. The only thing is, I had that feeling around 1-2 weeks post-op. It seems awfully late in the recovery process for you to have it. If it sticks around, you may want to call your dr. Maybe you've just been doing too much.
I'm 2 weeks post surgery and that makes total sense to me. Thank you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register