6 weeks post op-what a feeling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post op-what a feeling 6 weeks post op-what a feeling

Unread 01-04-2006, 07:01 PM
6 weeks post op-what a feeling

This has been quite an emotional journey. Today was my 6 week check up with my gyn./surgeon. He said everything looks great but he wants me to wait 2 more weeks for sex. I can take a bath now, which is nice news. He just wants to see me back in 6 months and then it will be yearly after that. This week is the first week I have been able to stay up after 8:30, and I walked several flights of stairs at the hospital today, without trouble. I remember week one, when standing and peeing was nearly impossible. Graduating from recliner to bed. Wondering if I was going to have to give myself an enema. Being lonely, being bored, crying at commercials, worrying about laundry, eating 20 varieties of speghetti well-meaning relatives and friends brought over, wishing I was dead after coughing and sneezing, riding the car to look at Christmas lights, walking in the grocery store and mall, watching the QVC Morning Show, driving for the first time, the first ourtercourse "o" (relief it still all worked), standing to cook a meal, staying awake past my kids, and sitting up to type at almost 9pm. I feel like I've been in some kind of movie and the ending has me feeling very teary. I say ending because it's the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. This is a great site and I've appreciated all the wonderful advice. I hope I can keep helping others like I've been helped. Thanks everyone. Now I can say what I thought myself hopefully being able to say at this point, when I typed my first post on this site: yipee!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2006, 07:08 PM

I remember all those feelings too. However, I had to have a second surgery this last Wednesday, so now I'm back to square one. The good part is that I am so close to my last surgery, that I can recall how much progress takes place after week 2. Right now I can be up and about for about an hour before my new incision puffs out and I'm walking hunched over.

Won't it be great when our surgeries are totally healed and this isn't the top thing on our memories?
Unread 01-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight7
I remember all those feelings too. However, I had to have a second surgery this last Wednesday, so now I'm back to square one. The good part is that I am so close to my last surgery, that I can recall how much progress takes place after week 2. Right now I can be up and about for about an hour before my new incision puffs out and I'm walking hunched over.

Won't it be great when our surgeries are totally healed and this isn't the top thing on our memories?
Yep.
I'm sorry you've had to go through all this. Yes, 2 weeks will make a huge difference. Bless your heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2006, 08:37 PM

Yipee, I smiled at your post. I'm so glad you are getting there and will soon have your all clear. You have come a long way and it is such a pleasure to get to see you and others come full circle. Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts.

Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register