Hysterectomy 07/07 second thoughts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy 07/07 second thoughts Hysterectomy 07/07 second thoughts

Unread 06-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Hysterectomy 07/07 second thoughts

HI everyone.

I have a question for the community. What if you start feeling better prior to your surgery? I'm schedule for a partial hysterectomy July 7,2014. I have endometriosis, fibroids and adenomyosis which caused an enlarged uterus.

I was taking a bc pill called amethyst which stopped my period for the endo problem I had. Right away i started having heavy spotting, pain and full bloated feeling.

Is it possible that the BC caused adenomyosis because it stops you from menstruating?

Anyone else experience this? I feel a lot better being off the pill 3 weeks now. I still have to pee frequently but I wonder should I go through with this operation.

Thanks,
Gladys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Re: Surgery 07/07 second thoughts

Hi hun!
I have endo & adeno... My adeno is only bad when I bleed.

I've currently been bleeding 37 days straight & it's hell. I don't believe the pill caused adeno rather just masked it while you were suppressed & not bleeding which is why a hysterectomy will fix adeno. It will however boy fix endo.
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:32 AM

Thanks alistacey.

Im going through the doubtful phase prior to my surgery.

Good luck on yours. I havent had my period in two months due to the bc pills. but I sure know how you feel. prior to taking them I would have long heavy periods with bad back pain.

Take care,
G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2014, 11:11 AM

Gladys, only you can decide whether to go through the surgery, but I think it's normal to have doubts. Many women have good and bad days/weeks/months. Some women are in constant misery; others have symptoms which come and go. Some things to consider are your age and the length of time that you will continue to go through the cycles before you naturally go through menopause. Being off the pill only three weeks doesn't really give you the chance to see how you will go through a full monthly cycle or several cycles.

I did go through a doutful phase. I had an ablation which completely stopped the bleeding but left me with significant pain every month, with some months worse than others. Ironically, the week before the surgery was one of the best weeks I had in a long time! Prior to the surgery, when I was trying to decide, my gynecologist suggested that I keep a diary each month to determine exactly how much time this pain was consuming out of my life. I did keep a diary for about three months and realized that just during those 3 months I had spent over 2 weeks being either in pain or moderate discomfort. Way too much to me considering that I am 42 and would have had quite a few years of this before hitting menopause naturally!!

Good luck to you!
Unread 06-24-2014, 12:08 PM

A diary is a GREAT idea!
I know with out even doing one what mine would be like

Day 1
AM: wake up, severe cramps & holly hell I just soaked thru that bleeding... Solution heating pad, pain pills couch

Afternoon: light bleeding, cramps not as bad... Solution pain meds & housework

PM: daily tasks finished, FML cramps so bad my uterus is trying to kill me, massive bleeding... Solution more pain meds, heating pad, bed

Late Night: have to pee, crying because it hurts to go pee, light bleeding.... Solution more pills, heating pad, back to bed

Needless to say this has been my life since coming off Lupron in Feb & many times before that in the past 12 years...

Though I hate it at 34 & with out the complete family I've always dreamed of It's time, I'm not happy about it but for me, it's what needs to be done.

Good luck hun & I'm oh so sorry u have to deal with this too
Unread 06-24-2014, 12:22 PM

My travel date to the Castle is July 1st. I don't have any second thoughts about having the procedure done, but I am scared to death that I will get to the Castle and have the staff inform me that my insurance has changed their mind about covering the surgery.
Unread 06-24-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliStacey View Post
A diary is a GREAT idea!
I know with out even doing one what mine would be like

Day 1
AM: wake up, severe cramps & holly hell I just soaked thru that bleeding... Solution heating pad, pain pills couch

Afternoon: light bleeding, cramps not as bad... Solution pain meds & housework

PM: daily tasks finished, FML cramps so bad my uterus is trying to kill me, massive bleeding... Solution more pain meds, heating pad, bed

Late Night: have to pee, crying because it hurts to go pee, light bleeding.... Solution more pills, heating pad, back to bed

Needless to say this has been my life since coming off Lupron in Feb & many times before that in the past 12 years...

Though I hate it at 34 & with out the complete family I've always dreamed of It's time, I'm not happy about it but for me, it's what needs to be done.

Good luck hun & I'm oh so sorry u have to deal with this too
Oh Ali Stacey you really have been going through some pain and suffering!! I hope your surgery offers you relief quickly. I guess the diary would be more helpful to women whose symptoms are on/off again.

Good luck to you!
Unread 06-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Hysterectomy 07/07 second thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird:) View Post
Oh Ali Stacey you really have been going through some pain and suffering!! I hope your surgery offers you relief quickly. I guess the diary would be more helpful to women whose symptoms are on/off again.

Good luck to you!
Thank you, I really hope so too.
I think your advice is awesome for anyone struggling (including myself) because I defiantly don't want surgery but even just putting it in writing made me realize it's something I need to do.

I know I won't have any second thoughts given my history but for anyone who does being able to look at it in writing would be very helpful.

Adeno made it near impossible to get pregnant & it made it even harder to stay pregnant... While I'm heartbroken we can't have another I know one day I'll hold my angel baby & in the meantime I think we will adopt because there are plenty of kiddos who need loving homes.

I've finally made peace with it. I struggled for some time & honestly it happened quite fast as I always had high hopes the various suppression, hormones, shots etc would help but in the end they never helped me long.

I actually only found out last week I could have my surgery July 1st & while they can do it later I now know it's time.

All the best to u all, I know it's a hard thing to deal with even when your suffering so I'm sending good vibes to all that u do whats best for you xoxo
Unread 06-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Re: Hysterectomy 07/07 second thoughts

It is normal to have second thoughts. But, keep in mind the reasons why you decided to have the surgery to begin with. I had fibroids and adenomyosis. I am post op 10 months and that surgery was definately the BEST thing I ever did in my life. The relief from all that bleeding and pain is so fantastic!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register