dVH/RALH 3.5 weeks post hysterectomy and bowel pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3.5 weeks post hysterectomy and bowel pain 3.5 weeks post hysterectomy and bowel pain

Unread 07-02-2014, 12:23 PM
3.5 weeks post hysterectomy and bowel pain

Good afternoon ladies, I am 3.5 weeks post davinci full hysterectomy. I am back to work and feeling good with the exception of when I have to have a BM. OMG the pain is Crazy!! it stops me in my tracks and takes my breath away. I am not constipated and as soon as I go to the bathroom the pain is gone. I also have a minor burning pain in the middle of my lower abdomen....is this all normal and part of the healing process?? My 4 week post op appt is monday, can it wait till then??

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Re: 3.5 weeks post and bowl pain

Mine was June 6th and I've been back to work since Monday. I have the same thing. I've been trying to go in the morning before work if I can, since I know it will be uncomfortable, but you know, the body doesn't always cooperate. For me, it's not a terrible pain, but rather a lot of pressure - and I too do not have constipation or hard stool, just that pressure that hits quite suddenly and lasts until I can relieve myself. No idea the mechanics of what is causing this, but to me, it feels like my intestines and bowel are still waking up, but not quite awake (although I thankfully am able to go every day now). I guess it's something that will (hopefully) just fix itself over time. Other than that though, I am feeling SO much better this week! I still have belly swelling at night and soreness from the swelling and from sitting at my desk - still can't wear pants at all, but my energy level is coming back and the pain I have now is much more tolerable.
Unread 07-02-2014, 03:14 PM

Pearlmarie1,
You've described my BM pains perfectly, though I had some of the same pains prior due to my endometriosis. I am 2 weeks post-op w/ everything but 1 ovary removed. The Dr. removed tons of endometriosis which was wrapped around my colon & ureter. Did you also have endo.? Yesterday, at my 2 week appt, I was told they will see how I'm feeling at my next appt. (4 weeks later). I can empathize and think that it's worth calling the doctor to see if you should come back in sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:46 PM
3.5 weeks post hysterectomy and bowel pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cperalta View Post
Pearlmarie1,
You've described my BM pains perfectly, though I had some of the same pains prior due to my endometriosis. I am 2 weeks post-op w/ everything but 1 ovary removed. The Dr. removed tons of endometriosis which was wrapped around my colon & ureter. Did you also have endo.? Yesterday, at my 2 week appt, I was told they will see how I'm feeling at my next appt. (4 weeks later). I can empathize and think that it's worth calling the doctor to see if you should come back in sooner.
I'm happy that I'm not the only one! I did have endo also so maybe that has something to do with it. I think I will call tomorrow just so my dr is aware of it and maybe she can see me sooner. I love this site and am so grateful for u all
Unread 07-02-2014, 03:49 PM

I finally had painless in week 5 after I added probiotics to my regimen. I don't know if it is because the healing had taken place or the probitics. I have no intention of finding out. I will keep on the probiotics for a couple more months.
Unread 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM

I will try probiotics, anything to possibly help
Unread 07-03-2014, 05:03 PM

Probiotics is a great idea. I was taking them prior to my hysterectomy & they helped. I too will try them again. THX!
Pearlmarie1, Lets keep each other updated in our progress especially w/ the bowel pain & the endo. Maybe we can help each other. BTW I had my 1st laproscopic to remove endo in 2005. This allowed me to have my 2 kids (back to back) & 2 years after the kids were done nursing it came back. I was told then that the endo couldn't have returned so quickly. They were wrong & the possibility of it still coming back is a concern. The sharp pains that I'm experiencing now feel as though I still have endo through out my colon. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is healing pains.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register