TVH Roller Coaster Rant, need hugs 😔 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Roller Coaster Rant, need hugs 😔 Roller Coaster Rant, need hugs 😔

Unread 08-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Roller Coaster Rant, need hugs 😔

I had a TVH on June 29th. For the most part all has gone well, and I have felt OK. I had a post op low grade fever that went away for about two weeks and now is back. My six week follow up is Wednesday, so my doctor is going to do an ultrasound to check internally and rule anything out that could be causing it. I have felt like I've been on an emotional roller coaster and need to vent. My father is sick with dementia and I help my mom with him, but it has gotten to be too much and we are visiting lawyers and such to get him into a facility. My son has been away in California with my in-laws and I miss him. Also, my grandpa just went into the hopistal with an abdominal aneurysm that they cannot operate on due to his age and health. He will die from this. The last few days I've had this dang low fever and just felt run down and upset. I want to scream and cry and I have moments where I am angry and regretful for having this surgery, even though I needed to. I question if I should have waited, if I could have done anything else to avoid it and I beat myself up about it. I come and read things here about the low grade fevers and read nightmare stories about abbesses and hematomas and I'm so terrified that I will end up in the hopistal again and obsessively check my temp. I kept my ovaries, so I wonder why I am so stinkin' emotional. Am I normal? Does anyone else get sad and down about having the surgery or reading horror stories? I just want to know that I'm not alone and it gets better. I don't want to worry about every little twinge, as I have so much on my plate already. Thanks for listening to my venting *sniffle*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Re: Roller Coaster Rant, need hugs 😔

((((HUGS))))) I think it is perfectly normal for you to be going through a roller coaster of emotions, even having kept your ovaries, given all that is going on in your life right now! I think anybody would be feeling the way you are, recent surgery or not! Heavens, you are dealing with long term care for your dad, that is a huge change for the family, and your grandfather's health--those are all stressful life events, and it's normal to be emotional right now and stressed out. I hope that you're able to take care of your dad's affairs in short time, and I will pray for your grandpa to have no pain and be as restful as he can in his condition.

Regarding your fever, I have no insights except maybe it is your body's way of reacting to stress? Our minds can affect our bodies (and vice versa). You said it went away but is now coming back, and I wonder if it's in reaction to the new life stresses you're dealing with.

In any case, I hope your appointment gives you some insights and you can get some sleep to deal with all that life is throwing at you right now! (((HUGS)))
Unread 08-04-2016, 07:23 PM

and . That'd be enough to send anybody who's 100% healthy on a roller coaster ride of emotions, and I'm so sorry for all that seems to be falling apart around you! Your own state post-op is certainly a factor in how you're feeling, and you don't have to beat yourself up about it. You might have kept your ovaries, but their blood supply has been compromised, and it's possible that they're still in trauma after surgery - "off line" for lack of a better term. They'll fix themselves, but until then it's possible that their sluggishness is contributing to the emotional distress.

One question to ask yourself is what would you have gained by waiting for your own surgery. You couldn't have prevented your father's decline, nor your grandfather's aneurysm. I don't know the reason behind your surgery, but if you were in frequent pain, had heavy bleeding, unable to do things, or had the threat of cancer, there's a good chance you'd be even more stressed out or physically felt beaten without your surgery.

If you can take acetaminophen to help with the fever, you might want to. It's probably not due to anything like you're reading about - the most likely culprit is the beginning of an infection which antibiotics can handle. (Also, it's common enough for healthy folks to have their temp vary throughout the day.) Monitor it in the morning and at night, maybe mid-day, and if you start feeling something else going on, give a shout to the doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2016, 07:34 PM

Maiden75,

You have a lot going on with many life changes occurring at once. That can be very stressful on anyone.. Im soo sorry to hear about your Dad & Grand dad. Everyone will need to step in & help. Its not easy.

As far as you feeling stressed, thats understandable.. You also have your situation w recovering from surgery plus hormones w that to deal with. Post op, the ovaries may have a reduced function. That means reduced estrogen. It takes time to stabilize. Symptoms are insomnia, fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, depression ++ If you can eat soy, it helps the body produce estrogen. Otherwise call your Dr. S/he may prescribe an estrogen patch or?

A hemotoma frequently is absorbed by the body. A low grade fever can occur post op.. Keep drinking water & walking throught the day. Eat healthy..

Ugh, we all have our things going on & life just keeps coming at us, sometimes faster than we can juggle.

I had to put off surgery due to my mom's declining health. It was my sis & I -my brother past away recently, then my mom passed away. I jumped in to just get this surgery done. Post op, Id wake many times, thinking my mom would be there, but...its tough.. Thankfully, my husband was helpful. I feel terrible bc he was busy looking after me. The Co he was contracted w let majority of people go. So hes looking for work & Im so behind to get a project launched, so its had a negative affect on us.. But we're plugging away here! Sending out bids, resumes.. Oh, bc of my surgery, my daughter fell behind in school. It was a rough finish w me trying to help her with brain fog!

Contact your Dr. I think youll feel better once your hormones are better balanced. Oh the things us gals go thru.. Work with your other family members for support. You are stronger than you realize. You will get thru this.. Don't ever feel weak or ashamed in needing a hug. (((Hugs))) 🌻🌻🌻

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register