has any one had etrace cause more pain? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

has any one had etrace cause more pain? has any one had etrace cause more pain?

Unread 09-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Re: has any one had etrace cause more pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntSisDaisy View Post
I must be sensitive to it then cause omg i hurt worse now than i did before i used it my v is buring like crazy and hurt. I wonder if im allergic to something in it. My mom said she cant use it either. I know i cant use monistat cause it makes me burnandcramp. Who knows ill have to call monday cauae this iscrazy.
It could be the preservative they use. There is more than one brand of this product. I have a family member who needs insulin, which is also a hormone. One brand causes severe allergies and the other does not. I know there are other brands, like Premarin, Estrasorb, and Ogen. Maybe one of them will help you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2013, 08:54 PM
has any one had etrace cause more pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejahthoris78 View Post
Can you just use the applicator for measurement and then put it on your finger to apply to the vaginal wall? As long as it gets on there it should to the trick!
I thought of the same idea when I was posting. Gonna try it next time. Thanks!
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjennings View Post
I thought of the same idea when I was posting. Gonna try it next time. Thanks!
What I wonder is if there is any science to dosing. My doc said 1 mg twice a week. Some ladies are doing 4 mgs a day. He didn't even suggest hormones, i did, based on my research and my symptoms. He didn't seem to care and asked me if i wanted cream, patch or pill. But my extensive research told me how useful this cream is for urinary tract issues and so I asked for it. It also got rid of my insomnia and hot flashes. It seems as if the science for womens issues is either very lax, very fluid as to what is needed, or not researched yet very well. I have done a great deal of research myself and will continue to do so, as well as reading here on peoples experience, which is a huge help because of all the insight i get!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2013, 09:07 PM

I would investigate another Rx. I know without the vaginal hormone , I would have vaginal atrophy. There are many brands .
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:14 PM

Thx ladies for helping. I havnt used it since thurs nughtand still have some burni g although it is a lot better tonight so i think it was the estrace. It must be the pres. Or something i wasso desp. Called the pharmacist and she said sounds like an allergy to it. Dejahthoris does any other kind of estrogen help with the uti symptoms buring pressure etc? Ither than cream. Im thinking if asking for patch or gel anythingelse. How did u research it? I hope this is a tempproblem and my ovaries will kick in. Whats weird is my hotflashes and night sweats crying jags from the first two weeks aregone.
Thxagainaunt sis daisy
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Thx ladies for helping. I havnt used it since thurs nughtand still have some burni g although it is a lot better tonight so i think it was the estrace. It must be the pres. Or something i wasso desp. Called the pharmacist and she said sounds like an allergy to it. Dejahthoris does any other kind of estrogen help with the uti symptoms buring pressure etc? Ither than cream. Im thinking if asking for patch or gel anythingelse. How did u research it? I hope this is a tempproblem and my ovaries will kick in. Whats weird is my hotflashes and night sweats crying jags from the first two weeks aregone.
Thxagainaunt sis daisy
I dont know if other estrogens like patches or pills help. I just started looking up uti on this forum and on the internet, i mean for hours and hours, and found that the cream helps. And thank goodness it worked for me. Also the thought of vaginal atrophy really scared me, having no ovaries, and it works for that too. Hopefully doc will be able to prescribe you the perfect thing that soothes your burning. Another thing that helped my urethral burning was a little petroleum jelly, as well as drinking plenty of water and a healthy diet. Feel better soon! And hopefully ovaries will kick in!! :
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Thx since i kept ovaries i wasnt expecting these problems. I will look it up too and see what i canfind. My mom had her surgery at32 and now shes 60 and still takes the premrin pill. The creams did the same to her. Anyway thxfor ur help. Oh and i have been drinking tonsof water craving actually which is weird cause ive always had tomakemyself drink it. I did get some azo today and its masking some ofit too. Hugs
Unread 09-21-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Thx since i kept ovaries i wasnt expecting these problems. I will look it up too and see what i canfind. My mom had her surgery at32 and now shes 60 and still takes the premrin pill. The creams did the same to her. Anyway thxfor ur help. Oh and i have been drinking tonsof water craving actually which is weird cause ive always had tomakemyself drink it. I did get some azo today and its masking some ofit too. Hugs
My mom always swore by the premarin pill too. It did just the trick for her.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register