Spotting 3 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting 3 weeks post-op Spotting 3 weeks post-op

Unread 09-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Spotting 3 weeks post-op

Hi,
I had a davinci hysterectomy on Aug 29 - uterus, cervix and tubes. I had no spotting or disharge after the 2nd day. I was readmitted on the 3rd day b/c I couldn't pass urine and wound up with a catheter for another 5 days. At the ER they drained 4 liters from me in under 30 minutes - but that's another story!!

At my 2-week checkup I had an internal exam to check on my vaginal cuff. Dr. said all looked good. A day or two later I had incredible pressure in my vagina. Went away after 2 days. But I started spotting bright red blood when the pressure started. Not a lot, but consistently on my liners. Still spotting a week later. Always bright red.

I'm planning to give it one more week (4 weeks post-op) and then call my doc if I'm still spotting. Has anyone else had this happen?

Trying not to wory too much!
Carrie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Re: Spotting 3 weeks post-op

Hi Carrie! I had the same thing happen. I saw my doctor at 12 day post op and he said I was healing normally. I had bleeding/spotting/discharge since surgery. At 2 weeks (of course after I already had my dr appt) I experienced increased bleeding with some red and freaked out a bit. I saw my dr again at 3 weeks and he said it was normal to bleed/spot/discharge for 6-8 weeks. I have been having just 'discharge' since a few days ago - about 4 weeks.

I had pressure as well (kind of like a box of rocks are in there) and experienced a bit of pain here and there. For some reason, week 4 seems to be better for me.

Always check with your doctor if you're not sure. Can't wait for this part of the healing to be over!

Good luck and happy healing : )
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:08 PM

Thanks JRHS!

Because it's not a lot I'm really trying not to worry. Other ladies' stories have much heavier bleeding. The only thing that concerns me is that it's always "fresh" blood. But again, it's not a lot and I'm hoping as I get closer to 4 weeks post-op that things will turn around. I went back to work after 2 weeks and although I was dog tired each night, by Friday I was feeling less exhausted.

Thanks again -- it's always good to know you're not the only one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2013, 08:48 PM

Different docs have different instructions but my doc said let him know about red blood. Rest and feel better soon
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:55 PM

Hello! I had a similar experience. No spotting after day 2, but then lots of bleeding/spotting after 2 weeks. Also had pressure on my bladder....went to the ER. Turned out to be a pelvic hematoma. Doc said it will either bleed out or the body would absorb it. I bled for about a month and then it was gone and so was the pressure in my bladder. Doc said hematoma pressing on bladder causes the pressure. Might want to call your doc bc it also could be a problem with stitches. Good luck!!
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:59 PM

I'm 3 weeks post op yesterday and have been bleeding since surgery. Will it ever end? I also get small clots here and there, is that normal?
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:27 AM

Seen my Doctor yesterday for my post op appointment. She told me as long as it was light pink it was stitches coming out. Anything red or with clots is abnormal and I need to call her and come back in. I have only had light pink so everything is good. You may be like me and feel pretty good and overdo it which is why it is starting so soon.
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Spotting 3 weeks post-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by THow View Post
I'm 3 weeks post op yesterday and have been bleeding since surgery. Will it ever end? I also get small clots here and there, is that normal?
I didn't start bleeding until 2 weeks post op but I'll be going into week 4 this coming week and I have small clots as well. My dr said it was normal. I still have my cervix, do you?
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:04 PM

They took my cervix and uterus. I'm now 4 weeks and am just spotting a little now but have been since surgery. I'm really hoping it doesn't last up to a possible 3 months like my doc just told me today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register