Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Unread 08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Happy Birthday Hyster Sisters

If it wasn't for this site and the support from my sisters I would not have been prepared for my surgery. I learned so much from everyone. What to buy, what to expect and so on. I'm addicted to this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Wink - Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Happy Birthday HysterSisters!

I'm so glad that my friend referred me to this site! It is truly a gift from God. This site has been a great source of knowledge and support, both before and after my hysterectomy. The ladies on here are fabulous, and offer good advice and support. I've learned so much from the resources, and was prepared for what to expect. I would definitely recommend this site to any woman who is going through all of this. Thank you for being there for me. Sending hugs to you all!!!

Unread 08-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Talking - Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Happy Birthday HysterSisters.....I hope to enjoy many more years with you!

I love so many things about this site I do not know where to begin. Probably what I love the most is that I can always ask a question no matter how trivial it is and someone will always answer me!

I have just passed my one year point and I am still having a lot of health issues so I do not get to spend as much time cruising this site as I would like to but I would like to thank everyone on this site from the bottom of my heart for all the pre and post-op info it has been one of the most helpful things I have ever had the fortune to run across on the internet!

Again Thank You everyone and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Hystersisters is the place I run to when I want to feel "home." All my sisters are there - I can easily check in with my surgery date forum to compare notes, loved the 3/4 week checklist, and find the information shared by the sisters to be helpful -- it takes a bit of the mystery out of my recovery and makes me feel like I'm still me!

This site has been a Godsend! God bless us all on this journey!
Unread 08-03-2010, 07:21 PM

Happy Birthday, Hyster Sisters!

A friend of mine, who found this site, a few years ago, recommended it to me! She had a TVH, which is what I had! This site saved me from bombarding her with all the questions! Plus, having other sisters who went through a hyster, around the same time as I did, is extremely helpful! I don't feel like I'm abnormal for feeling what I feel!

Thank you for all you do!
Happy 12th Birthday!

Happy Healing, Sisters!
Unread 08-03-2010, 07:28 PM

This site has been so informative for me as I have gone through a hysterectomy a year ago and another abdominal laparoscopic ligation 2 months ago. Now my problem is recurring AGAIN and I have this wonderful resource to find some answers. Thank you so much and Happy Birthday!
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:40 AM

My surg experience would never have been the same without hystersisters! I mean that with every fiber of my being. I was able to read informed info to prepare me for every single step and hear feedback from others in my same shoes. My family means very well but they just don't understand me all the way right now, and my Dr kinda said your well listen to your body see you next year! After I picked my jaw off the floor and had a starbucks steamer I got online and journaled it all here.

I met many great friends here to PM with who have made this easier and I have made their lives easier also. Its magical here!!! The info, the women who understand, the love! I have shared and helped others and they have done the same for me.

I have also made 2 friends here that are now my friends in real life. One came and actually sat with me after surg and helped me at home. The other lives to far away but we talk dailey about our journey and I love them both. We share something most other cannot through this site.

Thank you Hystersister! and I am not done with you yet my journey seems to be only just begining here. Hormones galore!!

Jessica
Unread 08-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Talking - Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

I lost my mother in 1985 when I was only 17 years old.
At the age of 23 I had a hysterectomy.
I felt so alone and isolated from my peers who were having babies and sharing with their mothers.
I love HysterSisters for many reasons one is, there are other people out there like me. Another is the information I receive reading through the threads.
I had no idea there was anything out there for me but premarine. My family is not close and they were abusive and mean to me as I grew up. I forgave them and my Nurse Practioner sister told me to never stop the premarine and that was all I needed. I never realized how mean she was till I learned it causes cancer and that I needed testerone and progesterone along with the correct estrogen.

My health has improved because of these forums.
I am now on creams and am taking more than just estrogen, for the first time I have progesterone and I sleep at night. 20 years of being without Progesterone has taken a tole on me. For once in my life I feel I belong, I have not had that since my mother died.

I no long speak to my family and have no place to call home until I joined Hystersisters
I Love the Information and reading these stories.
Thank you!
Peace
Lori
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:53 PM

Happiest of happy birthdays, HysterSisters!!!

One thing I really love about this site is the wealth of information and knowledge! I often found myself doing internet searches on various topics, and most often the first helpful link I'd come across would be to a HysterSisters thread! I finally decided to cut out the middleman and just come straight here for all my answers. Almost without fail, somebody else has "been there, done that" and then been generous enough with their time and words to share their experiences. I appreciate the personal stories and guidance to no end!

Thanks for everything, and here's to a bunch more great birthdays to come!
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:45 PM

First, I can't believe a year has rolled around. Happy birthday!!!!

Second, I love this site because of all the wonderful ladies who run it & belong to it. Such great support & wisdom.

Third, I hope this site is around for many more years.

Happy birthday & many more!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register