whats with all the gas? and I've got the JITTERS! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

whats with all the gas? and I've got the JITTERS! whats with all the gas? and I've got the JITTERS!

Unread 10-30-2000, 07:16 PM
whats with all the gas? and I've got the JITTERS!

I have been watching and reading so many women talk of gas pains associated with their hysterectomies. Why and where is all this gas coming from? I am scheduled for vaginal hysterectomy keeping my ovaries ,with spinal block ( no repairs) 11/14/00. I do not recall my surgeon mentioning gas pains after surgey. Is this something I should know about? I would love a response As each day gets a little closer I am more and more anxious. How will the recovery be? How will my body be? How will my mind be? How will my children be? HELP ME... I need sleep, it is getting ridiculous how scared I am. I am even staring to lose weight. Food is not appealing to me at this point and I have two weeks to go tomorrow!
P.S. anybody doing that "nesting" thing at home to get ready for surgery?? My house has never been cleaner or more organized!! I look forward to hearing from anybody
Sincerely, tander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2000, 10:20 AM

Dear Tander,

I had the basic TVH surgery also. I was surprised to wake up & look 6 months preg That was back before these message boards were around to give me all the gory details

To me, the gas was the worst part of the pain. It all faded away in a few days tho. I thot the pain was similar to post-vaginal childbirth: just slow-moving & achy. Keep up your fluids (no ice or bubbles please), walk whenever you can, take your pain meds on schedule, and just take care of YOU.
Unread 10-31-2000, 11:25 AM

The gas comes from many things, the surgery itself, anesthesia and the moving around of bowel during surgery.
What you are feeling is normal. We are all scared of the "unknown". 2 wks pre op is when I started to get really nervous and worried about things that everyone else around me thought so insignificant(of course it was not them going in for major surgery).
I will be 3 wks. post op tomorrow and I definately still look like I am pregnant. I have read some women still have belly at 8 wks. post op or get it back at the end of the day. I have just resigned myself to the fact that one day in the future it will finally be gone and in the meantime my wardrobe will consist of stretch pants and over the pants sweaters and tops.
Once your surgery is over, you will find yourself feeling so much better (mentally). You will not have so many things to worry about and the only thing that will be on your mind will be recovery.
Hang in there, it gets better once it's over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register