Tomorrow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Tomorrow!

Well, here I am, on my clear liquid diet and going in tomorrow! Seems like I should be nervous or scared or mourning or something, but I'm not. Actually looking forward to the excuse to sit and take it easy and get pampered. I suppose it's because NOTHING can be as painful and hard to recover from as a tummy tuck, and I did that a couple of years ago, LOL!

My mother in law is on her way out here to help me for a week. She's wonderful and has done this several times as I seem to have a major surgery ever other year (hope this is my LAST). I've been nesting a LOT--cleaned the pantry, cleaned my daughter's room where my MIL will sleep, doing all the laundry, etc.

I'll be having a RALH, keeping my ovaries and cervix (I feel like my cervix is a big player in orgasm for me) and the surgeon is the top guy in his field here. He did my ablasion 2 years ago and I'm getting him just before he retires to go teach. I'm very happy about that--he's done an excellent job answering every single question (he often has published the studies that answer those questions). So, I'm sipping tea and having a relaxing day. I avoided going to Body Pump this morning because I burn so many calories, it'd make it too hard to stick to clear liquids (I cheated with my morning latte, though).

Any words of wisdom going in?

And what really holds the vagina in place afterward? Intellectually, I know it's not going to fall out with my first BM, but it helps if I understand the structure of things inside..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Re: Tomorrow!

Hello,

I am having a LSH done on the 27th keeping ovaries and cervix. My dr. is leaving me as well. So, if I decided if you are ever going to do this you need to do it now. Yep, I was told that keeping the cervix is very helpful for the pelvic floor. I am having my cervix cauterize to avoid mini periods.
Unread 10-05-2009, 12:36 PM

I was the same way before my surgery - I wasn't scared or nervous. I slept good the night before - even though we were in a hotel room since it was trying to blizzard out that night before. I was calm while getting prepped. Not everyone is scared and nervous.
Best wishes to you, soon it will all be a blur!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2009, 12:42 PM

I'm on for tomorrow, too. Not really nervous, more anxious, I guess! God Bless to all of tomorrow's princesses!
Unread 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM

Hi, I'm scheduled for da Vinci tomorrow morning. Got the icky prep drink out of the way, now just waiting and resting. I'm extremely nervous, of course. But, I've been made aware of the fact that good uteruses don't hurt when you button your pants or lean against a sink!
So, tomorrow I'll soon be without a uterus, a couple of pesky fibroids, a not-so-great cervix, and whatever else doesn't look good. I have Ulcerative Colitis, and hope that doesn't make things more difficult.
I wish I had some wisdom to share, but I wish everyone the best of recoveries. I really appreciate everyone sharing their stories & experiences.
Unread 10-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Lucky you--you get a drink! I have to do an enema for the first time in my life. I'm sooooooooo not looking forward to it...Does alcohol qualify as a clear liquid?? Can I get myself tipsy to get through it???
Unread 10-05-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forca View Post
Lucky you--you get a drink! I have to do an enema for the first time in my life. I'm sooooooooo not looking forward to it...Does alcohol qualify as a clear liquid?? Can I get myself tipsy to get through it???
heh.. me too. I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna get that done, along with the douching in my pre-op instructions without laughing myself silly or getting caught by my rugrats...
Unread 10-05-2009, 01:55 PM

Well, lucky me now that it's drank and over lol N-A-S-T-Y!
But, I don't envy the enema & douching part. Don't forget to lock the door lol
Unread 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarnweaver View Post
Well, lucky me now that it's drank and over lol N-A-S-T-Y!
But, I don't envy the enema & douching part. Don't forget to lock the door lol
heh... Yes. ABSOLUTELY!!
Apparently my doctor likes 'em clean when he takes them out
Unread 10-05-2009, 09:17 PM

Best wishes to everyone tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register