Vaginal discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal discharge Vaginal discharge

Unread 02-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Vaginal discharge

I had surgery Jan 28, she took everything but my right ovary. days 1 and 2 at home I still had some bleeding and then nothing. Sunday, almost 2 weeks post op I started having what I would consider a relatively heavy brownish discharge. The nurse says its inside stitches dissolving. Anyone else have this? Also, yesterday being 2 weeks post op and I woke up feeling very weak, absolutely no energy and so weepy! What is going on? I feel like a foreigner in my own body!!! I was supposed to have a Davinci laporscopic and ended up with those incisions and a full hip to hip as well. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Re: Vaginal discharge

I had a TVH on January 22 (3 weeks ago), and I am still having a light pink discharge.

I understand the emotional part....I felt pretty "hormonal" yesterday. As far as I've heard from the other ladies, it's part of the process.

Sending you hugs!
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM

I'm 11 days post op. Had a vaginal hyst with both ovaries left behind, bladder repair, bowel repair, and tvt. I feel like I'm going stir crazy. I too have pinkish discharge. Does anyone know how long that's going to last? I'm also having pain when having a bowel movement (tmi) but it's probably cause of he bowel repair... I wish I could do more. I'm such a busy body usually....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2013, 01:57 PM

I love body fluids questions! For about 5 weeks I woke up a couple times a week thinking what is going on down there? and when will it stop? First, some of us have discharge for six weeks or more. Mine went from pink, to clear, to brownish pink, to orangish, to clear. So don't toss the pantyliners. For some it stops sooner, but for a lot of us, it stops, and starts, and stops, and changes color. The brownish pink is usually from dissolving stitches (according to my doc). You guys, I'm sure have heard the rule by now, if it's bright red and soaks a pad in an hour, call the doc. If it turns bright red and there's just a little, you probably overdid it. If it smell foul (and be prepared for some different body odors), I mean like fishy, then call the doc. So, in general it's normal and part of the healing process. Happy Healing!
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:05 AM

Thank god for this site ...
I had my hysterectomy on march 26, ovary was also taken out ... Ŕ bit of discharge in hospital the first two days but nothing since then until a couple of hours ago ... Yellow redish and a bit of blood in toilet.
Reading all the post helped calm my nerves ... It looks like it is normal
I will call doc in the morning ... Right now it's 6 in the morning, haven't slept since 4 when got up all sweathy ...

Goodnight, i'll try to get a couple of hours sleep
Nad
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:53 AM

I started having brownish discharge around 2 weeks and the doctor said it's normal. He said something about dead tissue and the stitches starting to dissolve. I'll warn u that after a few days it started to have a very strong stinky odor. He told me that had more to do with the dead tissue.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM

The last time I replied to this thread, I was 11 days post op... I'm now 9 weeks. I ended up having a bit of the fowl odour that we were all talking about and thought it was normal because that is what the nurses said. Then one morning I woke up with some bright red blood but only filling a pad a day so not too much. Well... I went into the hospital anyways just to make sure everything was ok and it turns out I had a post op infection. Stayed in the hospital on IV's for 3 more days. I've been having followup ultrasounds every week since then and I still have it. The infection is a blood clot that gathered where my uterus was and it's only gone from 8cm down to 4 cm in the last 6 weeks. And I also have a 10 cm cyst on my left ovary and a 3.5cm cyst on the right ovary. (They left the ovaries behind). I'm starting to finally feel a bit better but it's been a long road to go down and I'm still going lol. I hope it's better soon because it sucks emotionally and physically. Just thought I'd post this so that you don't overlook a possible infection...
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:25 AM

Oh, so sorry you've had to go through this! Great to share the information though, so that others can be aware of the possibility of an infection causing the discharge.

Hugs to you, as you continue to heal!
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:56 AM

My doc told me that the light pink discharge probably means I'm doing too many stair steps. I'm 11 days post op and trying to cut back to fewer steps. that's hard when your laundry is in the basement and bed is on second floor and your husband is tired and you have a sick kid. sigh.
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM

Clacey2 I am glad I came across your post!My LAVH was on March 19 th, 2 1/2 weeks postop. I started having brown discharge last week then noticed a light yellow color earlier this week. I saw my Dr. 4 days ago, because I wanted him to take a look at one of my abdominal incisions. They also checked my urine, because I was feeling pressure. Urine culture was negative. I told my doc about the discharge and he felt it is probably the sutures dissolving. I noticed that there is an odor to it now. No fever, no unusual tummy pain. Makes sense about the dead tissue.Wondering how long this lasted or if you are still having this problem? Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register