When to get out of house after hysterectomy surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When to get out of house after hysterectomy surgery When to get out of house after hysterectomy surgery

Unread 08-12-2014, 08:16 AM
When to get out of house after hysterectomy surgery

Hello im at day 9 post op and wondering is it safe for me to go along with my spouse grocery shopping, he is not real good going alone lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Re: When to get out of house after surgery

I think it varies for everyone. I left the house for a short walk on day 9 and then went for a short trip to the mall on day 13, where we had lunch and went to one store. Both things went okay but wore me out!
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Re: When to get out of house after surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani2013 View Post
I think it varies for everyone. I left the house for a short walk on day 9 and then went for a short trip to the mall on day 13, where we had lunch and went to one store. Both things went okay but wore me out!
Ok thanks for the advise im gonna give it a try and just take it real slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Re: When to get out of house after hysterectomy surgery

I went to the store with my dear mother after 10 days but I advise using the riding electric cart!! You won't regret it.
Unread 08-12-2014, 10:31 AM

It really varies for everyone. I stopped at my mom's house and the grocery store (used a electic cart) on the way home from the hospital. Went to brunch on day 5, and by day 10 went to my studio and assisted, mostly from a chair running music, with the teaching of a dance party. Right after the party I went shopping, that was sort of hard because I was tired and pushing a cart is harder then you think, AND I went to a super store....
Unread 08-12-2014, 11:25 AM

On day 3 I went to get a cup of coffee, day 4 again for coffee and Farmer's Market (it was very small), and each day had a small outing except for a couple that I just felt too wiped out. I would go out for 20-30 minutes and sit for most of the time. So it depends on how much you are up to doing.
Unread 08-12-2014, 11:25 AM

Wow, I went to to the supermarket with my husband the day after I got home. It felt great to get out!
Unread 08-12-2014, 12:07 PM

It was sometime the first week I got out with hubby, but kept it short. Pain wasnt a problem, but pressure and fatigue were
Unread 08-12-2014, 04:11 PM

My first outing was to my 1 week post op follow up doctor's appointment then stopped for a snack. After about an hour I was so tired that I could barely keep my eyes open. I came home and slept for 2 hours. My 2 outing was 3 days later grocery shopping in an electric buggy. They're nice enough but they stop abruptly and are rough riding for a TAH recovery. Best wishes!
Unread 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM

I didnt go out till my 1st week check up. I did not like the car ride. So I waited till my 3rd week checkup to go out to eat. That wore me out just doing that. Didnt really start doing much of anything till 8 weeks. Like driving myself and such. Before that just didnt like car rides and shaken up the belly. I notice it really does differ with us all. I find it so interesting. Best wishes to all. TX hyst sis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register