New to posting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to posting New to posting

Unread 09-17-2007, 02:17 PM
New to posting

Hi
I am new to this site and also to posting on any site. I was told about hystersisters by a relative and have spent some time reading the forums but am getting more questions as i read. I am 45 years old and have been feeling ill for most of 2007. I was bleeding since Oct 06 with only a few weeks not until July 07 which caused anemia (i was very short of breath and could not sleep for more than an hour at a time) and I needed a blood transfusion which I had in July. I am taking iron pills now and I am feeling much better. My doctor thinks i should have a hysterectomy and i go to see my gyn on wed. i don't know what to ask and since i am feeling better i am getting scared about having a hysterectomy done though i don't want to put up with the severe bleeding again. I have cysts on at least one ovary so do i need to have them removed too? If someone could answer these questions i would really appreciate it. Thanks Molly2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 02:48 PM
New to posting

I was wondering if anyone else had trouble breathing. I have for 2 years now. went to Cardiolodists and everything, I even had a stress test done on my heart. we finally figures it out. I too have cysts on both ovaries, I have had a D& C which didn't help and a hysteroscopy. They regular Dr. put me on antianxiety meds, blodd pressure meds., and anti depessants. After going to my Gyno. it was solved. I need a hysterectomy from so mu bleeding and anemia. I am scheduled for my hysterectomy on Oct 8th and can't wait to start felling better. Hopefully I will be weaned off of the other meds. I can tell you that after 2 years of bleeding heavy (fainted 2 years ago) and not being able to functional normall with my life, I am releived they finally figured it out. The breathing thing is more of a fluttering to me, and very annoying. Good luck and keep in touch. I am 46 and still ready to live my life normally.
Unread 09-17-2007, 03:04 PM
New to posting

molly, have you tried any non surgical methods to lessen your bleeding? hormones, birth control pills, etc? have you had biopsies or a hysteroscopy done to see why you are bleeding heavy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 07:08 AM
New to posting

Thank you for your replies. i haven't had any biopsies or a hysteroscopy done. i have tried some hormone pills but they didn't work. i did have a d&c done in 2000 to help regulate my periods and it did help for a time but have had two episodes in the last couple of years of very long and heavy periods that has affected so much of my life. the only thing the gyn told me after my d&c was that my uterus is longer than normal (whatever that means) and have been told lately that there is a lump behind my cervix but the doctor didn't seem concerned about it. i have always had fairly heavy periods but usually regular (every 24 days, heavy for 4, and lasting 7-9 days) i just thought that was normal but in the last 8 years or so i never know when i am going to get my period and how long or how heavy it will be. i have heard so many different views on what to get done. my gyn was all for doing a hysterectomy 7 years ago. i guess it is to decide whether to have more tests done or just to do the hysterectomy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register