New member, having sonogram on Sat. lots of symptoms - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New member, having sonogram on Sat. lots of symptoms New member, having sonogram on Sat. lots of symptoms

Unread 01-30-2015, 11:28 AM
New member, having sonogram on Sat. lots of symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
Thanks for that....wondering if it's possible that I could still have fibroids...it's been about twelve years since I had the embolization. All of this is so strange.

I started out with endometriosis and had a tube and ovary removed at 21 yrs. I was able to have two children.

In my forties I was treated for six months for bladder infections that weren't bladder infections at all..I was finally sent to a GYN who said it was something else. I had a degenerating fibroid and was in peri-menopause. Fast forward and by the time I was about 48 I was the size of a 4 month pregnancy with a large fibroid and I had the UAE.

I've had many good years since then, but am wishing now that I'd had the hysterectomy done then (hindsight)!

I think I did a repeat this time...took three rounds of cipro since Christmas for a UTI and creams for yeast infections..now I wonder if it was my uterus the whole time.

It certainly feels like there's something in there, heavy and pressing, so we shall see. Thanks again for the feedback. You start to wonder if you are crazy sometimes.
Good luck my friend at your appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Re: New member, having sonogram on Sat. lots of symptoms

Is there a place on here that explains the surgical abbreviations? For example: TAH
Unread 01-30-2015, 03:23 PM

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_abbreviations.htm

Above is a link for Hyster Abbreviations..

You can also go to the Blue Bar on the screen and Scroll to your right to Quick Links. Hit the drop down menu and Select Abbreviations.
Unread 01-30-2015, 03:33 PM

thanks very much
Unread 01-31-2015, 03:12 PM

Hi Everyone:

I had both a vaginal and abdominal ultrasound today. I was disappointed that I have to wait to get the results. They said 3-5 business days and they will send to my GYN.

They did give me a CD with the images on it.

They also said that if there was anything alarming that they would call me and send me to urgent care. Sometimes the pain reminds me of my surgery when I was young...the doctor sent me home and did the surgery the next day. The cyst on my ovary had burst and I was bleeding internally.

When the tech. pressed against my cervix I had the most pain.. And it also seemed to be coming from the right side where my remaining ovary is. Boy, waiting is hard! But at least I know they won't leave me waiting if I'm in danger.

Will be checking in again when I know more. So glad for this site!!!
Unread 01-31-2015, 04:27 PM

I'm glad you got the tests over with - I know how hard waiting can be. But at least soon you should get answers and learn what your options are.
When you do get the results, post again with an updated title as a new reply so this way your post will be noticed and get specific responses to any new questions you have.
In the meantime, you are not alone. We are here for each other.
Hugs and good luck. Please post again how you are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register