Help I am scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I am scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help I am scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 10-16-2004, 04:49 PM
Help I am scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I just cant seam to really look forward to my lavh bso on the 19th . I know I shouldent have read the other side but I did. Now I am really a mess scared of bladder proublems Hormone replacement fatigue and loss of sex drive weight gain. IS it really worth it all? I dont want to have al l the cramping and I cant stand the birth control pills anymore help help help please let me know that some sisters or most dont have all the proublems. Missy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2004, 04:57 PM

Oh, Missy, sweetie, our imaginations do more damage than THEY are worth. How long have you had problems to need this surgery? THAT is scary, I bet. The problems on the other side shouldn't concern you now since they aren't about YOU....they are about totally different other people who may have gone in for much tougher versions of surgery than you. They may be older, too, or be verterans of other past problems. I had all these worries, too, and mostly a lot of us post on the other side because we are so FREAKING BORED that we post any and everything just to make the time pass !!! I cannot tell you how supportive everyone is here, and I beg you not to be worried since the waiting is so very much the worst part. I just ran a post to a gal, I think it was titled "two days to go" and you can read, that, too. Feel free to email me if you really feel like its all too much and you'll have a friend with two weeks post op experience right at hand. Heck, I'm sitting here with nothing but recovery on my hands,so I'm here all dressed and literally no place to go!!! Hold on, honey, all will be OK!! Jackie
Unread 10-16-2004, 05:33 PM

Missy,
What you read in other posts do not necessarily happen to all. It is scary when you read things. I was like that too, I had to force myself to forget what I had read. I had to remember what I was doing was for my best health. I had to remember that I trust God, the Author of life. He knew what the outcome of my surgery was before the beginning of time.....that gave me great comfort.

I am praying that your fear will turn into peace....that what you read will quickly be erased and that your heart will be light and you will be at peace with the decision you made.

God bless you!

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2004, 07:01 PM

hey missy-
2 days and counting for me too. I read some post on the other side to. Got a little weirded out. But i figure it can't be worse than what I am dealing with right now. I have talked to many women who have had Hyster by my doctor from a support group and none have had problems like I heard here. I think the ones that go fine don't write posts which I think is to bad. It is nice to hear the good along with the bad.

See ya on the other side
Unread 10-16-2004, 07:13 PM
preop jitters

Hey - saw your post. I am 9 days past my op. I had an LAVH. I would do it again in a heartbeat! The pain is SSSOOO minimal compared to all the pain before surgery - months & years!!
I was supposed to have surg sept 8th but had to cancel (Dr's orders) & had on 10-7-04. The longer I had to wait the worse I worried. Ask for a valium or something for your nerves at pre-op so your Dr can order for the morning of surg. It takes the edge off.

Just remember you are getting surgery BEcause of pain & suffering now! You want it gone & it will be soon. Trust me - if you have a good Dr who takes their time fixing you up - you'll be fine! I am taking my Dr flowers next week to thank her! I am so much more pain free!

See my post op - "9 days past update" write me if you have any questions.

YEAH! FREE from tampons!!!! LOL
Unread 10-16-2004, 07:23 PM

HI, Missy!
I became a princess on July 19th - will be "12 weeks" on Monday.
This site is the BEST and so many sisters helped calm me down as well. Waiting is the worst in my book. As someone else suggested, perhaps something for the anxiety would also help.

All the stories add to taking care of ourselves. It's a big decision. Personally, I would do it again tomorrow if necessary. I had a TAH, kept my ovaries - due to heavy bleeding, fibroid and adenomyosis (only diagnosable after surgery) Surgery was Monday and I was off narcotics by Wed. - just taking extra strength ibuprofen. We are all different - you may need something else. Curveballs here and there - absolutely!

Yes, you will need to REST - yes, you will need time to recover - yes, you will need to take care of yourself and be taken care of as well. I had great CASTLE care and great care from DH and DD.
I'm feeling SO much better now. (still tire easily - that's all)
Keep in touch with us!
BLESSINGS!!!!
AMF
Unread 10-16-2004, 08:34 PM

Missy,

Yes, going to the other forums during your pre-op phase can be scary but it isn't always bad and not everyone has complications.

I ventured around the other forums while I was waiting for my surgery and I found all that I read very interesting. My heart goes out to those ladies who have complications and those who have to work through the hormone jungle to find the right combination for them. But at the same time, it was a learning experience for me and I keep all of my sisters in my prayers.

Having a TVH was the best thing I have ever done for myself! I have been very fortunate and I feel truly blessed! I was scared and nervous but it was a very positive experience for me...probably because I went into it with a very positive attitude because of all I have learned here.

Keep thinking positive! You will be fine!

Deb
Unread 10-17-2004, 12:59 AM

Missy,Please stay away from the post-op boards.There are so many negative thing sover there and not all of ushave problems after surgery.I had and LSH./BO and am on HRT at 35 years old.No bladder problems no bowel problems and no libido problems...in fact my sex drive has gone up at leat 80% since surgery.I hope this helps.Just try to stay out oif Post op it does frighten alot of us.Good Luck and Blessings with your surgery.
Unread 10-17-2004, 03:59 AM

Hi Missy

I read the post op board before my hyster and, while I planned for the worst, hoped for the best. My surgery went beautifully and I had very little trouble with post op complications. I felt it best *for me* to be prepared for just about anything....but that's just me. Not everyone feels the same way. But I'm rambling...

I'm just over a year post op and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The difference between my health, well-being and quality of life then as compared to now is unbelievable. Don't let the post op boards scare you...they're really pretty educational if you let them be that way. If you can't do that, then it probably is best if you don't read them.

Hang in there.
s
Cat
Unread 10-17-2004, 10:19 AM
Everthing will be fine

Hi Missy, I go in on the 21st of oct. I can stay I have the same feelings, but I look forward to the recovery and having my life back to normal. I have spoken to my Dr. several times and I speak to him once again on the 19th. All of my worries are calming down. I would suggest to just stay in Pre-Op boards for now. You will be fine. Good Luck to you Missy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register