Best control-top panties to help w/ swelly-belly? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best control-top panties to help w/ swelly-belly? Best control-top panties to help w/ swelly-belly?

Unread 03-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Best control-top panties to help w/ swelly-belly?

I have a lot of puffiness around my abdominal incision and moderate swelling in my u/l abs and would like to buy some control-top panties to help pull things in. I know nothing about them but I assume some are better than others.

Can anyone tell me what kind they like and where to get it? I'd really appreciate it.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Re: Best control-top panties to help w/ swelly-belly?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherilyn
I have a lot of puffiness around my abdominal incision and moderate swelling in my u/l abs and would like to buy some control-top panties to help pull things in. I know nothing about them but I assume some are better than others.

Can anyone tell me what kind they like and where to get it? I'd really appreciate it.

TIA
Honestly sister, I think it is too soon to be wearing any pantyhose. I remember the first few weeks after surgery ANYTHING tight got uncomfortable after a while. Even at 7 weeks post op, I have a bit of swelling & can't wear all my jeans yet. The ones that I can wear, still bother me a bit at the end of the day. There seems to be a slight bit of tenderness in the incision area, not bad or unusual, just part of the healing process. I don't think I would want to wear pantyhose yet.
Unread 03-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Best control-top panties to help w/ swelly-belly?

I recommend the Spanx "power panties". Swelly Belly has been a major unprepared for side effect from my SAH. My swelly belly seems to be better if I wear support/tummy control panties during the day. I actually feel better with them on. It seems to support the entire incision area and I don't feel like things are "hanging" by the end of the day. I like the Spanx brand but they are pricey. Not all stores carry them. In my area you can get them at Nordstrom's, Macy's, or Bloomingdale's. Marshall Field's doesn't carry them yet.

Songtch
SAH/12-23-04/kept cervix and ovaries/age 45

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register