have I over done it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

have I over done it? have I over done it?

Unread 09-22-2005, 12:21 PM
have I over done it?

I am 16 Days out I still have alot of pain I am trying not to take the pain meds (the make me very nausuas(?))I am also going crazy!Sitting in this house is driving me nuts I am normally very active any advice and should I still be hurting!(oh and I did got to wal-mart) Wished I wouldnt have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 12:44 PM
hugs

I can certainly understand going stir crazy... it helps me to do some little thing... even if it's just a couple of stretches and some breathing routines... or a crossword puzzle... write a note ... read some posts...see if you can help someone else... that always helps me when I can manage it... anything that is within your activity level... don't get antsy and just go for it... I've talked to too many women who have and they pay for it in spades... for years... don't do it...

Your body needs some pain free time to heal... if you can't take your current pain meds... tell your doctor... and get some others... until you find some that you can take... being in constant pain is going to slow your rate of healing... not to mention fry you emotionally and make life just that much tougher...you need to be able to rest... and actually have some quality sleep without nagging pain... let your doc know you are hurting and that the meds disagree with your system... I'm not hurting much from the TAH/BSO and I'm 14 days out... other than my jacked up back... make sure nothing is wrong... yes I know I'm opinionated... I was having a melt down (no I'm not saying that you are having a melt down) and some very nice opinionated ladies from this web site got me moving... they made a wonderful difference... I hope I've been helpful...

Life is a journey... sometimes there are twists in the road... (((hugs))) Mary
Unread 09-22-2005, 01:02 PM
have I over done it?

well i have already kinda jumped the gun i felt better so week 1 i did house work and cooked so i took a step back then mon i felt better so i went to the barn put fly spray on horses put them in diff pasture and i have hurt ever since i am worried i have done damage if not i have had a set back at the least
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 01:12 PM
have I over done it?

tell me you didn't lift any bales of hay... M
Unread 09-22-2005, 06:58 PM
have I over done it?

lol no I didnt lift any hay just fixed the fence a little (it is a hot fence nothing heavy or streneous) caught horses 1 by 1 fly sprayed & turned em out!
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:21 PM
have I over done it?

I sware that Wal-mart is like running a marathon~ I went in today for a few items but you know how spread out the place is so by the time I reached the check out I got all sweaty and felt dizzy and weak and had to sit down, how pathetic is that!
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:34 PM
have I over done it?

I know how ya'll feel. I am trying to get ready for Hurricane Rita; I went to the store and couldn't make it through the whole store. I got so aggravated. When am I ever going to be able to shop for my family. I am hurting so bad tonight. My whole body is aching. I think I overdid it today. After the store, my daughter and son came home from school and they helped me do laundry, then I swept just a little, then I did the dishes. I hope I didn't hurt myself today, but I didn't have a choice. I have to get ready. We will probably be without electricity for a while if we stay. Even if we leave to go North then everything still needed to be done. My hubby isn't superman, he can't possible work and take care of everything else.
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:38 PM
have I over done it?

Flannelsister my thoughts and prayers are with you! hang in there you'll make it hun!!!
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
have I over done it?

Thank you, Cherrykitty. I know I will make it. I know in my heart we will be fine, but my heart needs to tell my head that. I know God would never give us more than we can handle. But I have been freaking out today. It is so hard not to worry, to give your problems up to him. If only we could look at it through the eyes of a child. It is so simple to them.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Unread 09-23-2005, 06:57 PM
have I over done it?

flannelsister, I dont know what your surgeon told you but I was told NO vacuuming, sweeping or mopping! but I have swept alittle and mopped once

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register