My left arm killing me. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My left arm killing me. My left arm killing me.

Unread 04-26-2006, 01:30 PM
My left arm killing me.

In the middle of my arm is killing me.It has 2 lumps in it.I know it's from the IV,but shouldn't it be gone by now.It been 2 weeks.Anybody else having problem with there arm?Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2006, 01:35 PM
My left arm killing me.

Hi tread, Did it just start? If this is something new I would call the doctor. I had my iv put in the back side of my hand and WOW! did it hurt and it was really bruised with a big lump in it. It lasted for a couple of weeks. Mine started turning a yellow color about a week after surgery. Like I said, if it just started hurting this bad and the lumps weren't there before, call the doctor. It may be some sort of infection that set in.
Unread 04-26-2006, 02:02 PM
My left arm killing me.

Hi.Thanks for the quick reply.I have had this problem since I got home.It not where they put the needle in.That was in my wrist.It's the middle of my are.Boy does it hurt.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2006, 02:26 PM
My left arm killing me.

I do not want to scare you, but you need to have these lumps looked at immediately. Especially since they are distal to your old IV sites, they could be more than simple phlebitis (vein irritation). It is possible that clots are developing, this far out postop.

Just because you've had this for awhile, now, doesn't mean you can wait any longer. Please have a professional assess this tonight. Let us know, OK?

Take care, Princess..............s....Deb
Unread 04-26-2006, 02:36 PM
My left arm killing me.

My dr is out of the office today.I will try to call them tomorrow.My husband won't be home til late and I don't feel comfortable driving with my kids to ER yet.Thanks for caring.I will let you know what I find out.I just thought maybe this was normal thats why I wanted to ask you ladies first.I just notice that my arm is pinkish(in the spot where the lumps are),so I bet I do have some type of of infection in it.I will keep you all posted...
Unread 04-26-2006, 03:14 PM
My left arm killing me.

"Pinkish" can also indicate a clot. I am a registered nurse, and feel it is important that you do not wait to have this assessed by a physician. Do you have a friend to help? If not, the ER will be open when your hubby gets home. There are some very, very serious consequences if this situation is not treated ASAP, even if it is an infection. Am not trying to scare you....am just EXTREMELY concerned.
Unread 04-26-2006, 05:02 PM
My left arm killing me.

Well I called the first nurse,and she said that she is not concerned tonight because I am already on antibodies.To go see my dr tomorrow.I guess I will wait and see.I will keep you posted.Thanks
Unread 04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
My left arm killing me.

I would get to the ER to have it assessed, I would not wait until tomorrow.
Unread 04-26-2006, 05:48 PM
My left arm killing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread
Well I called the first nurse,and she said that she is not concerned tonight because I am already on antibodies.
Antibiotics won't help a clot, if that's what it is. I had a DVT (blood clot) and my only symptom was pain in my thigh. Each time I called the doctor's office I was told by the nurse not to worry as I had none of the usual symptoms of a clot. After two days of phone calls I went to the ER and was diagnosed and hospitalized. Please get this checked out ASAP.
Unread 04-26-2006, 08:31 PM
My left arm killing me.

That "first nurse" you spoke with, is not making logical sense:

If she believes you are OK for now, because you are already on antibiotic therapy...........how does she explain how you developed what she believes to be an infection, during the antibiotic therapy?

Even IF you have an infection in your vein...........which can also have very serious consequences if not treated immediately.....it is obvious that the antibiotic you are taking is not going to control it. After all, it did not even prevent it.

I pray you are being seen by a physician. God bless.............s....Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register