Great one day- hit by truck the next day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Great one day- hit by truck the next day Great one day- hit by truck the next day

Unread 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Great one day- hit by truck the next day

Ladies, yesterday I felt like I had all this energy felt really great like I could do something, but did not do a thing!
Today, I feel like I been hit by a truck! Kinda lil sadden by it too. I was 2 weeks post on yesterday.

Why is this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Re: Great one day- hit by truck the next day

Hang in there.. I feel the same way sometimes.
one day i fell great and the next i feel exhausted.. I think that is part of the process. I have noticed that my exhausted days are fewer and farther apart the longer I have
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:09 AM

Hi lady2009,

I had a rough day yesterday, pain with exhaustion , but today I feel pretty darned good. That is the hardest part of this recovery, it is not linear at all. I expected to feel a little better each day, but it has definitely been quite the opposite. I just want to be done with this and move on, but it looks like that isn't going to happen as quickly as I wanted! Sometimes I feel like I've hit the wall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 11:18 AM

i still feel that way sometimes too, i'm three weeks post op. the first week and a half i felt absolutely fabulous. when i went back to work (2 weeks post op), the second day i was tired i hurt just from pure exhaustion. i've heard several others say it is normal. just don't over do it on the days you feel fantastic. (i'm saying to myself as well haha)
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:28 AM

Lady,

Don't rush yourself. You are still "fresh" in your recovery! Expect great days, good days, and not so good days. Next year this time, we will be so happy and we'll forget about some of those not so good days.

My prayers and thoughts are with you!
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM

I feel the same way. I posted how good i felt yesterday. Then today my shoulders feel achy. Feel more tired. Though my bladder had me up at night. So I don't think i slept as well. I also went to bed earlier as i didn't take a nap.

I do have some stressful things going on in life right now and dh and i got into an argument so that didn't help.
Unread 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM

Let me tell you, that exhaustion wall will hit several times. Mine hit at two weeks, four weeks, seven weeks and again at 10 weeks. So, take it easy and listen to your own body!
Unread 06-30-2009, 04:26 PM

When I was in the hospital, one of my nurses told me that I would feel exactly that way... perfectly fine and energetic one day, not the next. I have definitely felt that way, but I'm okay with it since she told me to expect it. What amazes me is how exhausting simple tasks can be!!
Unread 06-30-2009, 04:40 PM

I'm surprised by how quickly the exhaustion comes on. I'm fine one minute and then it's like someone flipped off my energy switch and I hear myself saying, "I'm done, have to go lay down and sleep". 3 hours later, I wake up and feel fine.

You're normal!
Unread 06-30-2009, 05:05 PM

I am so glad to hear other sister saying that because that is how I feel. I feel like I have engery and the least task I am feeling exhausted. I have never felt this tired after surgery. What makes this surgery different from other ones? I am just so tired. I have to stay in bed more and I thought the more you stay in bed the weaker you would get so I was trying to get up and move so I would not be weak but it is almost impossible to do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register