Yes I am bragging. 2 wks sucessful post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yes I am bragging. 2 wks sucessful post op Yes I am bragging. 2 wks sucessful post op

Unread 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Yes I am bragging. 2 wks sucessful post op

I first want to apologize because I know some really suffer and I dont mean to in any way diminish anyone elses' experience. I had a TAH just over two weeks ago and was in the hospital less than 24 hours which was huge for me because I dont like hospitals! I only took pain meds 4 days, the last being advil. Dont get me wrong, it hurt like hell, especially getting in and out of bed. But healing fast. Still get tired easily, but taking walks and my bladder is finally getting back to feeling normal. There were two things that I could have done without...it took more than an hour to get an IV started because Im a hard stick and was really dehydrated. After 10 tries they finally got a vein. Several rejoicing nurses! The other, apparently I am allergic to the anti blood clotting med and the next day broke out in a severe rash for 7 days. Ugh! But all else went smoothly. The nurses and my Doc were outstanding! I was SO scared to have this done, but so thankful it was so sucessful. Now on to healing. And no more huge uterus full of fibroids! Thanks for reading my story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Re: Yes I am bragging. 2 wks sucessful post op

That's awesome. It's so important to hear sisters that are having a good recovery as well so others know issues aren't the norm. Good luck with the rest of your progress.
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM

Dear Bragging,

I am glad to hear you had a successful surgery. Most people post the negative!! I had surgery on October 9, 2013 and have been hurting. For some reason, I was expecting not to hurt. LOL. I am running a fever of 100. That seems to be normal to!! I coughed and coughed on Sat. and Sun which just irritated the wounds. May not be normal, but after reading your post, I have faith things will get better!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM

That sounds awesome, I am new here so it is great to read some positive feedback too. Its encouraging for me.
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:38 PM

ICroft00....good for you for getting thru the hard part, but Im concerned about your fever. I think you should call your doc to check in. I wish you a speedy recovery! And thanks sisters for the kuddos. I do think it is scary sometimes when you mostly read about complications. It is important to share the positive too!
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM

Funny... I had a "friend" tell me I had to be mistaken, that I couldnt have had an abdominal hysterectomy and leave the hospital in less than 24 hours. I asked her why do I have this 9" incision across my lower belly then? (really big uterus, very small pelvis)
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:00 PM

I had Davinci assisted vaginal hysterectomy October 3rd and feel fine! Only big complaint has been the gas/poop coming pain! Today that has even been better, I went back to work full time (office/desk job) today and had no issues (10 days off including weekends post op)! My post op has been nothing to really complain about!
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:08 PM

It is a blessing to read about the hystersisters who are recovering so quickly. My heart-felt prayers for hystersisters experiencing complications and rough journeys. I also have had a fairly uncomplicated recovery after a TAH (kept ovaries). I had only 1 minor complication at 1 week post-op, a hematoma, that healed quickly. At almost 4 weeks post op, I still tire quickly, only have minor pain, but I am healing well. I had my 4 week post-op appointment today. I will be returning back to work on October 29th (child care teacher), without any restrictions, 8 hour shifts. I am hoping and praying for my energy level to increase more in 2 weeks! My doctor was very surprised that I need daily naps still at 4 weeks....I will have to wean myself off these naps very soon :-)
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:16 PM

Ooo, gas, poop pain....havent forgotten that! Glad for your quick recovery! The TAH definitely seems to bring on more fatigue. I hope you can keep up with the little ones when you are back to work!
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:06 PM

Really happy for you!
I was feeling really good at 2 weeks too and thought it was all behind me... Silly me

After week 2, insomnia became a nightmare - not waking up because of hot flashes, just couldn't get to sleep, even super tired.
Then, as you feel better, you feel you can do it all and then you overdo it and get some pains...
Went back to work at 6 weeks; I hated it, suddenly my insomnia switched to a need to sleep at the time, I never feel rested, almost miss insomnia...
And then my stomach can no longer handle any other food than rabbit food...

So one word of advice; take it easy and enjoy your recovery time, and remind yourself you had an organ taken out

Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register