TAH 10/21 Slowly recovering | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH 10/21 Slowly recovering TAH 10/21 Slowly recovering

Unread 10-26-2013, 01:11 PM
TAH 10/21 Slowly recovering

Hi ladies. I was scheduled to have a LAVH, but when the Dr. started, he realized he had to do a TAH because of the size of my Fibroid and amount of scar tissue from a C-section in 2004. WOW! I was not expecting that! So I have an incision from hip to hip AND the small incisions from the laparoscope! I am slowly feeling a little better, but I have this unusual feeling of emptiness in my belly. I am extremely swollen and for lack of a better way to describe it, I feel kind of like Jabba the Hut! I managed to take a shower by myself yesterday for the first time (without assistance), and that totally wore me out!! Emotionally I feel ok so far, but I am bored out of my mind! This site has helped me so much from pre-op to post-op! Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Re: TAH 10/21 Slowly recovering

I was the same... was supposed to be robotic assisted and woke up with a hip-hip cut and the smaller incisions where the camera /stuff went in. I had an enlarged fibroid filled uterus, endometriosis/ando, adhesions, a 5+ lb mass hanging outside the uterus so a lot of cutting/cleaning and putting things back... I had mine on 8/23/13 this coming week I'm allowed to start light house keeping and p-time work. Slow healing club! Take it easy. Fatigue is huge, no matter what procedure was done. I still have the bouts with do I want to feed my family or take a shower that includes hair washing. Slowly your stamina will improve. Just take things slow, try not to over do, and when your tired -rest! :O)

Have you tried using a binder? Binder is my best friend. My Dr said to continue to wear for another couple months. Helps with swelling, keeping organs supported to find their natural way "home" while healing. I'm a side sleeper and I am just feeling comfortable enough to lay on my sides without feeling like my insides are shifting (but I wear my binder) :O)
Unread 10-26-2013, 04:11 PM

Hi Reetabobita
I had my TAH and BSO 3 weeks ago and the fatigue is exactly as you say, have to choose what main chore to tackle :-)
Where did you get your binder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2013, 04:57 PM

Oh and you will have days that you feel good and push yourself then your laid out for the next few...so take it from all of us that been thru it and still going thru it, take it slow!

Initial binder I got from hospital woke up with it on. I since had to replace it for a smaller one yahoo! You should be able to find them here on this site but if you don't want to wait go to the nearest drug store - Walgreens/Rite Aide etc.They will have them as well. Approx cost is $25.00 but so worth it!
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:38 PM

I am just shy of my three week Anniversary. I am still a bit swollen, but it's remarkable the body change taking place. Things will get better alitte every day. Today I am walking more and a little faster. I'm not tired as quick, and dont hurt as bad after. My incision is healed Nicely, and I don't feel as lumpy down there from the swelling. I hope yours goes well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register