TLH 7 months post TLH.. advice please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 months post TLH.. advice please 7 months post TLH.. advice please

Unread 01-29-2015, 11:06 AM
7 months post TLH.. advice please

Im happy I did it. Some of myself feels wonderful. If you have followed my threads I was going through a lot before my TLH.

Well 7 months later and not everything is all good.

After I have sex no matter if its rough, wild, gentle or slow Im in pain for a week after. I feel the pain up there where it is closed off and in my ovaries. The pain is more in my ovaries. And its bad. Im still young so Im not giving up on having sex, but I believe something is going on. I did get a sonogram of my ovaries about 2 months after surgery cause they hurt, the only thing that was found was my cyst on my left ovary. Nothing to worry Dr says.

Well the past week the pain done there is horrible and my left breast is having an issue. Pain no matter what... No bra, a bra, clothes, no clothes, tender to touch, coughing or sneezing it all hurts. I think I feel a fibroid but its so tender and painful I cant press much harder.

I know most will say see the doctor, which Im trying to make an appointment cause I havent seen him in some time.
But has anyone had pain? What do I do about my left breast.

- note in 2010 I had a golf size fibroid removed from my right breast. I still have discomfort but nothing like what Im feeling in my left breast.

Shed some light on me ladies please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Re: 7 months post TLH.. advice please

I wish I could shed some light! Only your doctor can say what is causing the pain in your breast, your ovaries, and your vaginal cuff... But having said that, does your breast and ovary pain seem cyclical? Does it get worse prior to ovulation? Regarding your vaginal cuff, ask your doctor to do an internal and ask specifically if you have granulation tissue. This can cause discomfort or even bleeding.

I am 3+ years post op and I still hurt when I sneeze, cough or laugh suddenly. I am very sore during sex and for a few days afterward, so we have sex very infrequently now. My bladder aches every day, which is new since surgery. I am still seeking my answers. I want you to know you're not alone, some of us have a longer journey than others. Make your appointment and keep on your doctor(s). Get a second opinion. We have to advocate for ourselves.

I have faith that you will find your answers soon. Please update us with how you're doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register